FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Replacement?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well i guess Saturn is the new Opel side of GM in NA. So they have decided to bring over the Astra as well.

Since focus has lost its HB capabilities, i would say this little Astra is going to be very popular around there.

http://www.saturn.com/saturn/vehicles/astr...esale/index.jsp

I've also looked at their new Vue as well and its also a European model that has been brought over.

Way to go Saturn and Booooo to focus once more for selling out of HB market in NA.
Certainly not a fan of the VUE, but the Astra is the first Saturn I'd consider buying.
call Ford and tell them you won't be buying from them again until they make a hatchback
Not sure that'd work in my case. I've bought both my Fords used.
yeah I like the new Astras myself as well but I heard somethings about them that will make me question buying one or not. Somethings I've heard to watch out for on them are the following items.

Saturn's light yellow dash lighting is too poorly lit in the day time, that you need to turn your lights on to read certen things like radio settings, a/c temp, turn signels, Opel uses a different colour for dash lights I've heard.

and I've also heard that with the sat nav / On star voice turn by turn nav is too quiet and that you have to turn up the volume on every direction that is said to you.

plus I also heard that getting the right seating possition takes a long time to get used to while drive it.

and then there are the things GM changed for north america, like the headlights (they are standard HID in europe) , tail lights (no rear fogs), headlight switch (changed to the auto or ON only), & bumpers.

the one thing that gets me is Saturn has put the 5 door in a good price range with good starting features, but you have to pay nearly $2000 over a fully optioned 5 door to get the basic 3 door, plus what ever extra options on the 3 door you choose.
I like that Astra, well the vehicle in the link, wether that's what we actually get I don't know. I won't hold my breath. That yellow dash is very dated though, and plain ugly.
I like the lines of the older VUE. I've had it as a possible "next vehicle", likely used or off lease. The new Vue looks like a SanteFe, too rounded, I like the boxier look. I'm also a fan of the Element and the Scion at certain angles.
Only 140BHP? I'll keep my ZX5, thanks!

Yeah, I know it can be modded, but they had a chance (just like Ford) to make a REAL hot hatch. They failed. I guess if you want a zippy 4-banger it's either the Cobalt SS S/C or the Ion RedLine (which is likely going by the wayside soon).

For shame... enthusiasts suffer to allow GM to still carry the Corvette due to CAFE overall fleet MPG requirements.
I've been in my cousin's Astra in Austria a few years ago... and I wasn't impressed... in fact, neither was he I later found out. But I am curious to see how it feels in our market, who knows... maybe it's a changed car.
if they brought the turbo'd or VRX one from europe, then I'd be interested.

I do believe that the Opel/Vauxhall lines in Europe are the bottom of the barrel for just about everything, so if you can't sell crap in one market might as well try another market.
crap sells well here.