FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Omg! Road Is Slippery!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i was trying to get out of underground parking and i couldn't get my car out..
my car is in gear but goes backward faster..brakes not working..

i thought all season tire will handle this light snow but..

i m late to work and manager is not picking up the phone..i m screwed..
first time in toronto and i hate it..

gotta go to crap tire and pick up wheels and tires..hope they will give me a ride..
Ah, you've discovered the achilles heel of the Focus...

All-season tires + light weight on driving wheels = slip sliding away with any type of accumulation :(

s'why I love my Nokian WR's, H speed rated and still good to -35C :P

NefCanuck
The focus handles like it's on rails.
In the winter though, those rails are more like guardrails!!
how is this Michelin X-Ice or Goodyear Nordic crap tire selling?
konafocuswrc,Nov 22 2007, 01:02 PM Wrote:how is this Michelin X-Ice or Goodyear Nordic crap tire selling?
[right][snapback]253332[/snapback][/right]
I have a set of the Michelin's don't like them much at all. I bought a set of the goodyears for my daughter's car, they look like a much better tire. I'll get feed back from her in a couple weeks on how they stand up to the winter in Sudbury!
Sometimes fellas... you've actually got to adapt your driving style and scout your area before leaving.

This will be year #2 on Pirelli P6s in the winter. Last year, lotsa snow after Christmas, no issues... and that's on 205/50R16s.

We had a bit more than a dusting down this morning... no grief, just go.

If you're getting out of an underground parking garage... well, good luck with that. Bitch out the super and mgmt company to get off their asses and make the damn driveway safe for the residents.

I know for a fact that the ramp at my grandparents' condo is heated, alleviating most icing issues when it's cleared of snow.
You could do the following:

1. Better tires: M+S are the best.
2. Studs: Scary s***, but works well.
3. Add some weight on the front axle: Turbo or SC works! ;)
one thing with Toronto and the GTA in the winter when they say a storm is coming like with this one, you should stay in for a few hours if you can and then go out, usually after 5 hours or so the roads are clearing up by then. if you have to go out in the storm give yourself tripple the time, and don't rush yourself, not to mention give yourself tonnes of time to slow down.

I just got new all seasons from the Tire Discounter here in Brampton back in aug, and I did have to go out in the strom this morning, and as usually I got really good all season tires as I only sild barely a foot when stopping, and that was when some stupid kids walked accross the street without looking. if you want I can give you the number not to mention they will be cheaper then Crappy tire.
j3rt,Nov 22 2007, 04:07 PM Wrote:The focus handles like it's on rails.
In the winter though, those rails are more like guardrails!!
[right][snapback]253326[/snapback][/right]

haha classic :D :D :D
Oscar The Grouch,Nov 22 2007, 12:11 PM Wrote:You could do the following:

1. Better tires:  M+S are the best.
2. Studs:  Scary s***, but works well.
3. Add some weight on the front axle:  Turbo or SC works!  ;)
[right][snapback]253338[/snapback][/right]

why oh why did i strip interior..and relocate battery to the hatch.. :(

lol i m getting sc this spring..
stupid canadian tire @ the auto parts told me they have 6 wheels in stock, when i went to tech to fill out workorder, they have 6 but -3 shrink...
back to auto parts again and they checked stock in person and they do have in 6..

anyway..they cannot do it today, earliest they can do is 10 am tomorrow..
i work at 10am, so i rent this toyota yaris for 3 days $110..

blah blah blah..i m gonna beat the hell out of this cuty yaris..
word of warning with the yaris, they are very very light in the rear end, not to mention when transport trucks pass them they shake or get blown round a bit by then on the highway.
oh really, it must be like driving scooter..
i will be only driving on queensway and yonge st
I bought the nordic's for my wife's Neon SX2.0, they seem to work pretty good...
wowowowow~michelin x ice does its job~!!
i m gonna stick some decals on bumper lol~
get a subaru :)
lol, i like the new wrx, only in wrc shape..
if my car gets its age and broken down on me, i might buy subaru and do the wrc replica..

or ford us/canada use their brain to bring mk2 euro focus..then i would buy another focus..
If you wait 15 years, ( I think), you can import a anywhere but here Focus. I think that's the amount of time that is needed before a non-complying vehicle can be brought over. I'm starting a small investment fund to save up for it
konafocuswrc,Nov 30 2007, 12:45 AM Wrote:lol, i like the new wrx, only in wrc shape..
if my car gets its age and broken down on me, i might buy subaru and do the wrc replica..

[right][snapback]253787[/snapback][/right]

'wrc replica' isn't that called the STi ?
sti is street version of wrc..but still not replica..
real wrc got wide body than sti..spoiler and yada yada