FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: '05 Zx4 St Power Lock Prob
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A couple days ago the rear passenger side power lock stopped working for me. I'm wondering if there is a history of this happening, or whether anyone has experienced it and can help b4 i go to the dealer. Every other door works fine, cept this one. There is no locking sound coming from the door when i engage the locks.

thank you
sounds like actuator went wrong..
did you do anything to it??such as..replacing rear speaker..
or it just happened??
If you aren't hearing the actuator kick in it could be either the mechanism [/b]or[/b] the wiring...

Not still under warranty anymore are you? :huh:

NefCanuck
I didnt do anything it just happened.
And im 10k over warranty.
If it is the actuator, where can i get one bsides the dealer? I have a friend at work that told me he could change it for me if it was the actuator.
williswrath,Nov 22 2007, 11:24 AM Wrote:I didnt do anything it just happened.
And im 10k over warranty.
If it is the actuator, where can i get one bsides the dealer? I have a friend at work that told me he could change it for me if it was the actuator.
[right][snapback]253328[/snapback][/right]

Only place I can think of to get an actuator other than a dealer would be an auto recycler (Dunno if the '05 and up can also use first gen Focus parts, if so that gives you a little more in terms of options)

NefCanuck
Check the power at the connector. Make sure it gets 12V when you push the button. Eliminate a wiring/power problem before you get involved changing an actuator. That's the proper way to diagnose things instead of throwing parts at it.

PS. It doesn't say where you are. If you're North it could be frozen. If you have power in the test, make sure that the unit is thawed out before you change it.
Im in Stratford Ontario.