FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Well, That Was Interesting...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/CityandRegion/...675501-sun.html

That happened literally MINUTES before I rolled by. I left my company's yard south of london at about quarter to seven, and I rolled by the 155 kilometer marker heading west at probably 7:11, as on my cell it shows I called the O.P.P at 7:12. I saw something in the median, something in the ditch, one semi sitting on the median shoulder with the 4 ways on, one semi sitting on the shoulder with the 4 ways on. No cherries. Doing the first thing that comes to mind, I grab my cell phone off the "doghouse" in my truck, find the O.P.P number in my directory, and dial. I give the dispatcher all the info I could, what I saw, where, what direction, etc. I said, "I wonder if anyone has called it in, as there is no cruisers on scene." The dispatcher tells me "actually, only one other person called it in about 30 seconds before you did"....WOW...

from the 155 where it happened, I saw the first cruiser, cherries on, hauling ass eastbound at about the 149. Between the 155 and about the 109 (ridgetown) I saw between 6-8 cruisers, and one ambulance all hauling eastbound. From what I heard from other drivers, and on the CB, the highway was closed both directions for a while too.

Drive safe guys, the winter season is upon us...
good for calling in.....something tells me u should have got out and check on people though

today is the first snow....=careful
well, I would have, but:

A-It was on the eastbound side, I was heading west
B-By the time I would have pulled over and stopped, I'd have easily been a kilometer down the road. Plus it was rain hard, and I wasn't about to run ACROSS the 401...
C-There was already 2 guys stopped on the eastbound side, right where it happened.

As well, I don't know CPR, or have any offcial first aid training beyond things you learn by doing, so I would have been no help anyway...
You did the right thing, for all concerned. Even for those who know First Aid, your trained to FIRST make sure the area is safe for the first aider, then begin first aid. You would probably have been another victim, and take a few more with
you, if you had stopped. By calling the OPP, you at least made sure that the emergency crews were on the way.