FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Transport Canada Issues Latest Recalls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Transport Canada issues latest recalls
November 21, 2007

Ottawa, Ontario - Transport Canada has issued its latest recalls, which may affect some Volvo, Chrysler, General Motors and Nissan vehicles, and Britax child seats.

2008 Volvo XC70
Vehicles affected: 644

On certain vehicles, incorrect software was programmed into the Safety Restraint System (SRS) control module. As a result, the inflatable curtain and side impact airbag may not deploy as intended. The incorrect software may also cause the SRS warning lamp to illuminate and the message "SRS Airbag - Service Urgent" to be displayed. Dealers will update the SRS control module software.

2008 Dodge Caliber
2008 Jeep Compass
2008 Jeep Patriot
Vehicles affected: 4,200

On certain vehicles, the bilingual airbag visor warning labels may not have been installed during vehicle assembly. Owners will be provided with labels and installation instructions.

2001 Saturn L Series
Vehicles affected: 841

On certain vehicles equipped with a 2.2-litre engine, the timing chain may fail. If a timing chain link separates while the engine is running, the engine will stall and not restart. Dealers will replace the timing chain.

2001 Chevrolet Silverado
2001 GMC Sierra
Vehicles affected: 740

On certain vehicles equipped with an 8.1-litre engine, the crankshaft position sensor may fail. If the sensor operates intermittently, the Service Engine Soon (SES) light may illuminate and the vehicle may run rough. The engine may also stall and, if so, may restart immediately or after a cool-down period. If the sensor becomes permanently inoperable, the engine will quit running and will not restart. Dealers will replace the crankshaft position sensor.

2002-2006 Nissan Altima
2002-2006 Nissan Sentra
Vehicles affected: 40,666

On certain vehicles equipped with a 2.5-litre engine, the crank angle sensor can malfunction, causing the engine to stall. Dealers will reprogram the electronic control module to prevent stalling.

2007 Britax E9L16 Roundabout
Models affected: 349

Certain child restraints do not meet the label requirements of CMVSS 213. One label contains only French instructions and warnings, while another bilingual label contains partial information. Owners will be provided with updated labels and installation instructions.
No Fords? What's going on? :lol:
What on earth is a 2007 Britax E9L16 Roundabout?
Focus man, Focus.,Nov 22 2007, 02:42 PM Wrote:What on earth is a 2007 Britax E9L16 Roundabout?
[right][snapback]253334[/snapback][/right]

child seat.
this is so pointless.....i think the problem would've happend within the first year or so, not 6 almost 7 years later.

2001 Chevrolet Silverado
2001 GMC Sierra
Vehicles affected: 740
On certain vehicles equipped with an 8.1-litre engine, the crankshaft position sensor may fail. If the sensor operates intermittently, the Service Engine Soon (SES) light may illuminate and the vehicle may run rough. The engine may also stall and, if so, may restart immediately or after a cool-down period. If the sensor becomes permanently inoperable, the engine will quit running and will not restart. Dealers will replace the crankshaft position sensor.
Frost__2001,Nov 22 2007, 08:28 PM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Nov 22 2007, 02:42 PM Wrote:What on earth is a 2007 Britax E9L16 Roundabout?

child seat.
[right][snapback]253341[/snapback][/right]

Frost, thanks for putting the childseats, never cared about it before, but now thats all i look at :(

well i think the one we got is good, but i guess time will tell.
mo_focus,Nov 22 2007, 08:32 PM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Nov 22 2007, 08:28 PM Wrote:

child seat.
[right][snapback]253341[/snapback][/right]

Frost, thanks for putting the childseats, never cared about it before, but now thats all i look at :(

well i think the one we got is good, but i guess time will tell.
[right][snapback]253355[/snapback][/right]

not a problem, it was there in the info on their site so it was just a copy and paste, but there have been 2 other recalls out on 2 other car seats I know of this year, I think they are in thread in on other recalls I posted awhile ago. One was Eddie Bouier I think.
oldeguy,Nov 21 2007, 03:41 PM Wrote:No Fords? What's going on? :lol:
[right][snapback]253264[/snapback][/right]
If you look back at Frost's posts, Ford's had very few recalls in the past few years.
OAC_Sparky,Nov 23 2007, 08:08 AM Wrote:
If you look back at Frost's posts, Ford's had very few recalls in the past few years.
[right][snapback]253382[/snapback][/right]

yeah I know scary isn't? lol then again there more recalls from Chrysler, Toyota, Honda & Nissan this year with some real interesting defects.
OAC_Sparky,Nov 23 2007, 08:08 AM Wrote:
[right][snapback]253382[/snapback][/right]
Too bad that doesn't get put on the news. I was talking yesterday to a person at my work who has a 2005 Altima, and they were saying they've had 4 recalls. Curious, how many recalls did the Focus have after it's 4th year in production.
Only recall on the '05 model I have was the rear door latch thing. Other than that all I've seen for the Mk 1.5 Focus are TSB's

(/me wonders how many recalls are gonna hit the new Focus with the 'Sync' system by M$ for BSOD's while driving :lol: )

NefCanuck