FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Winter Weather
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, I know it's only a forecast, and it's a couple of days away, but, Southern Ontario is SUPPOSED to get 5 to 10 cms of snow on Thursday. Patience ladies and gentlemen, patience..........
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
hardk0re,Nov 20 2007, 11:24 AM Wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
[right][snapback]253163[/snapback][/right]
That was somewhat similar to what I said to myself. I'll be leaving at 5:00 a.m. if it's bad on Thursday. :unsure:
perfect weather, im going to the detroit lions-packers game thursday, nothing better than thanskgiving football when its snowing out. too bad the stadium is indoors :(
Yeesh and I have to go to my doctor to discuss the results of my bloodwork that day (wonder if he'll give me the results over the phone :ph34r: )

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Nov 20 2007, 12:21 PM Wrote:Yeesh and I have to go to my doctor to discuss the results of my bloodwork that day (wonder if he'll give me the results over the phone :ph34r: )

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]253174[/snapback][/right]
phone him up ans ask him if he'll either visit you in the hospital, after the accident, or if he'll e-mail your results and fax in your prescription. :lol: Or, tell him it can wait until the roads are better.
We got a nice little dump last night/this morning.

Got a little drifting done, was nice to swing the back end out again. B)
yaaaaaaaaay come on snow, bring it on.

Flofocus,Nov 20 2007, 11:51 AM Wrote:We got a nice little dump last night/this morning.

Got a little drifting done, was nice to swing the back end out again.  B)
[right][snapback]253177[/snapback][/right]

On the Focus? :blink: 'cause I didn't think it would be possible with your Bimmer (which IIRC is 4WD right?)

Hang the tail out? Can't do that on mine with the Nokians, if I lose the rear end on those tires, I'd better brush up on my harp playing :ph34r: (or my pitchfork polishing skills :P )

NefCanuck
On the BMW of course! With the AWD its very easy to swing the tail end out but also very easy to keep it under control. Point & look to where you want to go and thats where the car goes! :D

Focus is hibernating for the winter months now. :(
Flofocus,Nov 20 2007, 12:51 PM Wrote:We got a nice little dump last night/this morning.

Unfortunately, most drivers in the Southern part of our wonderful province see a snow flake, or a rain drop, and forget how to drive <_<
oldeguy,Nov 20 2007, 03:38 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Nov 20 2007, 12:51 PM Wrote:We got a nice little dump last night/this morning.

Unfortunately, most drivers in the Southern part of our wonderful province see a snow flake, or a rain drop, and forget how to drive <_<
[right][snapback]253191[/snapback][/right]

i'm quoting my wife this morning

"Look at that stupid grin on your face" while I'm looking out the window seeing the 1st snow fall of the year, then looking at the bmw. :D :D

I look forward to bad weather. Not the bad drivers though :angry:
Flofocus,Nov 20 2007, 02:50 PM Wrote:i'm quoting my wife this morning

"Look at that stupid grin on your face"  while I'm looking out the window seeing the 1st snow fall of the year, then looking at the bmw.  :D  :D

I look forward to bad weather.  Not the bad drivers though  :angry:
[right][snapback]253193[/snapback][/right]

Y'see that's the problem. I don't necessarily mind driving in mildly inclement weather. What I do mind is that I have the share the road with f**ktards who refuse to acknowledge that conditions dictate that they slow the hell down :ph34r:

NefCanuck
nice, cant wait to try out the AWD fusion my parents just bought
Yipeee! They said this morning maybe 10cm :) Bring it on, the more the better!
NefCanuck,Nov 20 2007, 04:13 PM Wrote:I don't necessarily mind driving in mildly inclement weather.  What I do mind is that I have the share the road with f**ktards who refuse to acknowledge that conditions dictate that they slow the hell down :ph34r:

NefCanuck

Should be interesting. On the way in this morning at 6am it was cold and wet on the QEW but most were still trying to give each other colon exams at 120km/h.
yep....switched my tires yestarday as soon as i heard about snow.......woohoo
Woke up this morning to lots of snow on the ground... in Ottawa. We're supposed to get another 10cm overnight.

However, my dad... trying to be a wonderful man, woke up early to put on my snows... forgot I had a shorty antenna, and somehow managed to rip the antenna from the car, taking the threading from the base with it... win some, lose some ;)

Weather update for the GTA: from 10-20 cm of snow by tomorrow night. Tonight, overnight, 5-10 cm, with the additional snow accumulation by Thursday night B)
oldeguy,Nov 21 2007, 12:33 PM Wrote:Weather update for the GTA: from 10-20 cm of snow by tomorrow night. Tonight, overnight, 5-10 cm, with the additional snow accumulation by Thursday night B)
[right][snapback]253243[/snapback][/right]

Wow :ph34r: this'll be a fun commute in to work tommorow morning :rolleyes:

Ah well, at least it'll be over & done with tommorow meaning I can drive into Toronto Friday aft with no worries :P

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2