FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Top Ten Silliest / Stupid Add-on Auto Accesories
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got this in an e-mail, enjoy.

Top Ten Silliest / Stupid Add-on Auto Accesories

1) Coffee can sized exhaust tip- This one seems to be permanently in vogue among the teeny bopper set. Is that what they do with the Bondo can after they're done applying the ground effects?

2) Hubcaps with ghetto / Wal-Mart spinners- Wow. For a second I thought you had a set of $10,000 rims on your Sunfire!

3) Neon colored dual blade windshield wipers- These just won't go away. It must rain extra hard in mobile home parks.

4) Huge Harley Davidson decal in the back window- Good for you-you own (or more likely wish you owned) a Harley. My dentist has one. So does my accountant. Is it really such a rebellious symbol anymore?

5) Deer repelling air horns- These 2 inch tall mini horns attach to your front bumper and scare off deer with a high pitched whistle-supposedly. How do you ever know if they work? I guess you'd only know if they don't when Bambi jumps in front of your Impala.

6) Illuminated windshield wiper nozzles- Why? No really, why?

7) Magnetic car ribbons- So you paid $4 to show the world that you "Support Our Troops". Who doesn't support the troops? Why not get one that says "I Breathe Oxygen"?

8) Fake hood scoops- The 4x4 crowd seems to love these. Unfortunately these things have a tendency to, like the magnetic car ribbons, trap dirt and moisture underneath. Take them off someday and you'll have a fake hood scoop-shaped dull spot in your paint.

9) Vanity Plate- Okay, this isn't an add-on accesory in the Pep Boys vein. But it's silly. Vanity Plates mostly exist for insecure people to brag to total strangers. Who cares if you bought your Caravan "4MY3KDS" or "2-BOYS"? Or how about "MY-VETT"? Yea, I kinda figured the Vette was yours when I SAW YOU DRIVING IT! Duh.

10) Brush bars on the front of newer SUVs- Come on, posers. There's no way you're taking that $40,000 Tahoe off road. Unless it's by accident when you lose control of your clumsy truck weaving in and out of traffic at 85 mph.
So that's it, in my opinion. Did I miss one?
Yep, you missed a few. But you made a top 10 list.

Here's my top 10 list,

1)-VTEC stickers on non VTEC honda's

2)-fake sponsor stickers on the sides, front, back, roof... :lol:

3)-Super ninja kombat body kits.

4)-Oversize spoilers :rolleyes:

5)-Some one who adds a spoiler with a brake light and doesn't remove the oem brake light, come on loose one, it looks gay!

6)-Under car light kits

7)-TV's in the trunk, who's the lucky one that rides in there :P

8)-Clear tail lights.

9)-"NOS" seat covers and other canadian tires interior crap.

And for my number 10)-Non functional roof scoops, why, who like drag!

02ztsian

Type R stickers
Fake BOV noisemakers
Beaded car seats (I don't care if they ARE comfortable)
Any collection of crap on the parcel shelf (usually stuffed animals or trucker caps)
Barefoot gas pedals
Lambo doors
I'm sure there's more.
euro,Nov 19 2007, 09:39 PM Wrote:5)-Some one who adds a spoiler with a brake light and doesn't remove the oem brake light, come on loose one, it looks gay!

[right][snapback]253127[/snapback][/right]

there's a guy around there who added a spoiler on some crappy stock sedan, didn't bother to remove the stock 3rd brake light, and the kicker is, the added-on 3rd (4th?) brake light is wired wrong, and is on ALL THE TIME!!!!! I want to ram him off the road everytime I see it....
how about...

17 inch or larger wheels fitted on a car that has rear drums brakes and very small front discs..

:ph34r:

Adding a "shark-fin" i.e audi antennea or VW style to the roof of your car when you already have the factory one mounted in another location of your vehicle.

Adding "GT" stickers on when the car is an LE or some sort of "vegetable-soup" lettering.

Rainbow glitter tint or some other wild colour red/yellow, stay with whats in style---black.

LED air caps for your wheels ummmm no!
oh wow, 2 list matches mine..
oversize spoiler..

18" on drum..

thus my car is fried brown rice
hey im just glad and thankful everyone has different taste (albeit may be ugly or poor taste but hey, these guys make the rest of us look good!!!! so be careful what you say!).
cornflakes,Nov 20 2007, 08:06 PM Wrote:so be careful what you say!
[right][snapback]253213[/snapback][/right]

who? me??
konafocuswrc,Nov 20 2007, 11:02 PM Wrote:oh wow, 2 list matches mine..
oversize spoiler..

18" on drum..

thus my car is fried brown rice
[right][snapback]253210[/snapback][/right]
Nothing wrong with your car......you're replicating a REAL Vehicle, not trying to look cool.....If I had a ZX3, and the money to do it, I'd be doing the same
i dont know about some of the stuff...i mean on certain cars it looks alright. for example the underglow its, i've seen a few fofo's on focusfanatics that have it and they look pretty good, haven't ever seen any lambo doors yet..so i can't comment. the LED nozzels...i guess thats a personal preference thing, much like everything else is. but sometimes they look alright, i dont know i kinda lik'em. however there is stuff thats waaaay to out of the ordinary, like those fake hood scoops, i never understood those. they actually slow you down lol.
Spinal,Nov 21 2007, 10:10 AM Wrote:i dont know about some of the stuff...i mean on certain cars it looks alright. for example the underglow its, i've seen a few fofo's on focusfanatics that have it and they look pretty good, haven't ever seen any lambo doors yet..so i can't comment. the LED nozzels...i guess thats a personal preference thing, much like everything else is. but sometimes they look alright, i dont know i kinda lik'em. however there is stuff thats waaaay to out of the ordinary, like those fake hood scoops, i never understood those. they actually slow you down lol.
[right][snapback]253238[/snapback][/right]

a couple of past FC members with lambo doors:

[Image: 628368_20_full.jpg]

[Image: 0002.jpg]

I think you should also add the perpensity of people with 4x4's to put the biggest baddest swamper knobby tires that will fit their stock rims, and expect to have any forwards momentum in the snow...

Also think it's funny the number of people who put those huge straight pipe, rear exit exhaust on their trucks too...what are you trying to do? Simulate the sound of a REAL engine? I mean, my old-ass 77 C10 has a 5.7L V8, which was tiny by size standards back then, and yet it's larger than most of the common truck motors today, and you don't see me putting the loudest bloody exhaust available on it to make it sound bigger...

It used to mainly be people with Honda's that I noticed drive either the most agressively or carelessly (this would be the modded rusty old Civics, Integras, Accords, etc). But lately, it seems anyone with some form of Toyota (Matrix, Corolla S, Sienna....ya, I said it, Sienna) are driving their vehicles like they are LeMans racecars or something. Tailgating, weaving through traffic, not using turn signals, etc etc.

Think those things should all count too...
What if your fake hoodscoop comes with the car from the manufacturer? it's not an add-on then... is it still stupid?

... yes

Why oh why did Subaru do it? Looks good, I think. But why not sell a motor along with it? you know, one that might actually USE it?
Drivesthebeast,Nov 21 2007, 10:37 PM Wrote:I think you should also add the perpensity of people with 4x4's to put the biggest baddest swamper knobby tires that will fit their stock rims, and expect to have any forwards momentum in the snow...
[right][snapback]253288[/snapback][/right]

you'd be suprised how good mud tires are in the snow if you know how to drive. I miss my old 88 Bronco II....

4x4=teh ownage in the winter time...
whoops..

Vanity Plates - check (but honestly, they're fair warning IMO)
Racing Stripes - check
18" wheels with tiny disc brakes - check

[Image: NiagaraCruise2006001-1.jpg]
I was going to put V6 mustangs on my list buuuut :rolleyes:
I have the personalized plates & badging that doesn't match my car...

Don't like? You didn't pay for the car with a mangled knee so :P

NefCanuck
park bench spoilers.
massive brand stickers on the rear windows. (i already know it's a toyota.)
rims not containing the centre caps.
rust. (just get over it...you're car is garbage)
huge audio in a car worth 100 bucks,
huge audio in a 20 year old chevy lumina.
ebay lights (usually one burnt out)
fake HID bulbs.(usually one burnt out)
coffee can exhausts.
2 coffee can exhausts.
AEM liscence plate surround. (oooh you have an intake)
lambo doors (awful)
CD hanging from rearview mirror.
Anything from wal-mart (usualy type R mats)
metallic wipers.
led's period.
throw turbos on that list to. What kind of tool turbos a 100whp 4 banger. :rolleyes: