FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Random Rant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so yeah my car has gone to the body shop for a week and all will be fixed from the hit and run, and I'll be getting it back in a week :D

but I'm very disapointed from the rental Enterprise gave me... of all the cars they have they could have given me they gave me a Kia.... Spectra....

after having this car for 10 minutes I came to the conclusion that it's the most god awful car I've had to drive in a long time... and I have driven these cars before at work when they are sent in for auction, but it was less then the ammount of time I've been in this car... but OMG... this thing is soo under powered and takes forever to get up to the limit... and the seats dig into you... they are not comfortable at all... I honestly would hate to have to drive this car somewhere far away, as the noise it makes, and the uncomfortable ride. (can you tell I miss my focus already?)

I will say this I did try to get rid of it already at another Enterprise location and get a focus... but they don't have any in the area... so I'm stuck with this Silver under powered farm equipment to drive as a rental for the time being... I'm not happy about this....
haha, i hear ya! i had it for a rental once and it was crap. I wonder if Forte is any better?
Coming from my professional experience working with car rentals in the past, Enterprise Car rental is in my opinion the worst car rental company to deal with, even if you are a large company.

My first, and probably most memorable instance with this company was when we started to rent vehicles from this company, the cars we got were not very safe. The first car had squeaky brakes and near bald tires (not a good idea up here in the winter). The second one was not much better, brakes were good but tires were s***.

I feel your pain. I had a Spectra 2 yrs ago when i banged up my grand prix. Worst rental ever.

Best rental I've ever had, 4x4 F150 Quad Cab from Enterprise about a month ago. Wicked truck.
I like Avis, in TB they had bunch of VW's last year. I got to drive the tiguan, Jetta Wagon, City golf. Also there is a class with AVIS that allows you to rent cars with snow tires. very handy in Thuner bay and Timmins.

well I've delt with Enterprise a few times before in the past, and I've never been this disapointed in a rental from them before, but this one.. I've never gotten a car like this from the body shop before, as I always had the choice of what kinda of car I wanted to drive when I was in the rental office. Plus when I got the cars from the office they always had less then 15,000kms on them.

either way I'm going to keep going back to annoy them until I can get either another car or a focus like I keep requesting.
I complained and they upgraded me to a Hyundai Sonata.
Nice car!
I've dealt with Enterprise as well, and everytime, I complain about the vehicle, but I think that's my dislike for all things GM showing.... :lol:

So, I guess our cheap Ford Focus's aren't as bad as we thought.
I have to be honest, I loved renting from enterprise...

For example, our $9/day rental in Vancouver -- it was a Hyundai with so many dents, scratches, cigarrette burns, missing interior parts that the rental agent just scribbled out the whole pic on the slip rather than document them all individually... (we were told not to worry, if the car came back running, it was unlikely we could damage it more).

and then we loaded it up with 500lbs of mountainbikers and 150lbs of bikes hanging off the back and drove up the mountain to whistler.

The trip was an hour of screaming engine filled with the smell of burning engine, and automatic transmission -- I swear that car had maybe 40hp on tap...

and you can't make up great stories like that!
Ok so I'm stuck with this POS for another night, I'm not happy, I am so disapointed, when I walk out to see it. So far the more I drive it the more I am finding things wrong with it, my knee keeps hitting the fan control/rear window defog button and turn them on or off, or up or down in fan speed, the seats are tiny, they end just as my legs start, this car can't decide if 2nd or 3rd is a gear, you can hear traffic thru the windshield! It sounds like the windows are open for the ammount road noises you hear but ther not! The radio sound quality sounds like they are coming from soup cans, I don't think the front ones don't work at all, and you can't ajust them as there is no button in the radio to do so, you have to put your foot to the floor to get the engine to screams as it trys to figure out what gear its in before it moves as your foot is planted down, and I keep knocking the shifter into 3rd with my leg... OMFG I hate this car!

I'll say though, I've been to 3 enterprise locations in brampton including their massive airport location to be rid of this POS, and I can get a focus still!

I was offered a G5/Cobalt - (my responce to the people at the locations) I can't drive those, the seats don't go back far enough.
Caliber - are you trying to kill my back further then the spectra is?
Sentra - I could drive it but, not for more then 20 minutes at a time at the interior is clostaphobic
Another spectra - do I look like an idiot? I know this one is bad, do I want another?
Do you have back problems or something?
Having stiff suspension and bucket seats you'd probably die in my car lol
I'm a big guy and while I personally wouldn't buy one b/c of the rubber band transmission, the calibers are actually a pretty room car inside. My gf has one and the few times I've driven her car I've pretty alrite with it.
NikiterZTS,Jan 19 2010, 08:41 PM Wrote:Do you have back problems or something?
Having stiff suspension and bucket seats you'd probably die in my car lol
[right][snapback]299839[/snapback][/right]

No, its the way the seat is designed, its like a W shape in the back of the seat. I've driving a lot of subarus before and their seats are very comfy, same with the caliber R/T, and SXT interiors, the base models are very very hard. I swear though I think this spectra was designed by accountants, because there is no quality feeling about it. I'm not being overly picky, I know what cars are ok for me to drive, as I've driven more cars then anyone here can say they have because I work for an auto auction, I'd be happy at this point with a civic, or corolla because I can get the seating position I can fell comfortable in. Remember I'm 6'6" tall.
A year ago when a Civic crawled under the back end of my mothers 2005 Five Hundred, we got a Toyota Matrix from Enterprise.
You think Toyota great right, wrong!
One of the biggest s*** boxes I have ever seen come from a rental place.
We couldn't drive it anywhere because of the amount of oil it leaked. The carpet was ripped up in it, like someone took a knife to it. It had a dead animal smell and looked like it was wrapped around a tree then put back together with that tight bond you see on the shopping channel. Not to mention a s*** gear box that you can hear grinding while you drive.
My parents had picked it up at night so they didn't see any of it.
We went back the next day after seeing all of this and they gave us a brand new Charger. A Charger woopee, but still better.
My $0.02