FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need For Speed Pro Street
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I downloaded the trailer for this game and thought it looked good....wrong. I went out today and bought the stupid thing and it is junk. :angry: It was a complete waste of money. Im going to take it back and say it dosn't work or something? I even thought if I played it for a bsit it may get better, wrong. The graphics are dump, not bad just dumb, the car drive worse the the first need for speed and the game dosn't stop talking. The idea was cool but in the end its just a waste of money.

My .02 cents
Join the rest of us...

Link
Oh...Well I wish I read that before I bought it.
EA sucks. Plain and simple.
Someguy_ca,Nov 18 2007, 09:40 PM Wrote:EA sucks. Plain and simple.
[right][snapback]253045[/snapback][/right]

OH NO you didn't!!!
EA does not suck... i've enjoyed every single NFS title to date, every title that comes out gets better and better. Although, I have yet to try pro street, which changes the entire bar for the NFS series.

Good quality arcade gameplay with some awesome looking graphics, can't beat that. I was never really impressed with anything else... it was just that NFS could never get boring, always something different to keep you occupied, either a mode (drifting, dragging, etc) or just free mode where you could drive around and looking for opponents.

EA rocks... and I hope pro street does too.

/end rant. (yes, I seem to write more when I'm tired... goodnight.)
^^^ I want what he's on.

Because as far as I knew, EA ruined everything they touched...
Aka,Nov 19 2007, 05:19 AM Wrote:^^^ I want what he's on.

[right][snapback]253060[/snapback][/right]

:unsure: ...like what? As far as the NFS series is concerned, I was never disappointed.
euro_zx5,Nov 19 2007, 07:40 AM Wrote:

:unsure: ...like what? As far as the NFS series is concerned, I was never disappointed.
[right][snapback]253061[/snapback][/right]

The only good racing titles they made were NFS 3: Hot Pursuit, NFS 5: Porsche Unleashed, Motor City Online, and NFS Underground 2. The rest were all junk.
euro_zx5,Nov 19 2007, 07:40 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]253061[/snapback][/right]
All of them. They were all made by EA.

If I had to choose one, I'd choose Porsche Unleashed as the best.

I'm biased though, I hate EA, and I hate arcade style racing games. But I play them when bored enough.
EA is pretty brilliant in the IPs they've bought...

Need for Speed has been a good series.. tho I thought Hot Pursuit was the pinacle.

However, EA has done some wonders with the Burnout series and NHL series.

The problem EA has tho, is that they are on this endless yearly release schedule. It's great for continued revenue, but has really hurt the progression of the games in some cases.

racing games are probably the ones that need a yearly release the least.... so they make up for it by inventing need.. They try to make games more or less edgy, change up the feature sets, etc in the hopes to find a niche to fill --

so in reality you end up with a series of yearly releases where only every other game truly warrants a purchase. I can only hope that Burnout goes back to it's roots a bit more -- I can appreciate a game that's more like Burnout 2 than the 2nd last burnout.

Now that being said, when is EA going to get the next SSX or Freakstyle out there? I have a need for bright, fun arcade games.

Am I the only one who thinks gritty realisim has ruined classics like Tony Hawk and others?
I'll agrea with you kinda, all the nfs games got better I think Carbon is the best but this pro street is junk.

euro_zx5,Nov 19 2007, 01:16 AM Wrote:EA does not suck... i've enjoyed every single NFS title to date, every title that comes out gets better and better. Although, I have yet to try pro street, which changes the entire bar for the NFS series.

Good quality arcade gameplay with some awesome looking graphics, can't beat that. I was never really impressed with anything else... it was just that NFS could never get boring, always something different to keep you occupied, either a mode (drifting, dragging, etc) or just free mode where you could drive around and looking for opponents.

EA rocks... and I hope pro street does too.

/end rant. (yes, I seem to write more when I'm tired... goodnight.)
[right][snapback]253059[/snapback][/right]
GT4FTW :lol:

ABC123

Flofocus,Nov 19 2007, 05:13 PM Wrote:GT4FTW :lol:
[right][snapback]253104[/snapback][/right]
I think NFSU 2 was better than the first, and I like in NFSMW Black Edition that you get to mess with the cops as much as you'd like. Both of which are a lot of fun to me, and I think there's little I would change about the two.

I was going to buy Pro Street, but not certain if I will or not. I can say that all of them are much better played if you have a controller like the Logitec rumblepad 2 instead of the keyboard and mouse as well.

If Pro Street is less than $50, I might buy it...