FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Search Is Over
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wife's new car.........Pick it up within the next 7-10 days and drive it home. Had it inspected by a family member who lives in Detroit. Said he would have bought the car if I backed out.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...ME:B:SS:CA:1123
i would drive that car in a heartbeat, it looks awesome, just have fun keeping it clean.
a real beaut bryan!

nice job.
that thing is sweet
Wow that car is very sharp, loaded to.
Nice pick up.

Pretty good price too.
congrats, looks really nice

Nice car Brian, hows that work for the warranty tho? Does that carry over to Canada even tho its still under US Factory warranty?
See to me warranty should be all over the world. You are purchasing a car from manufactures’ and not the dealer.
When I was in US I did take my car to the dealer once and it was in California, they did repair my car under warranty without any problems.

I know because of the dollar now the dealers and manufacturers are trying to scare people to buy locally but I bet that will not hold up in any court. You are buying a car from the manufacture and not the dealer. Bryan, can you tell me if this is correct or not?
mo_focus,Nov 18 2007, 08:26 PM Wrote:See to me warranty should be all over the world. You are purchasing a car from manufactures’ and not the dealer.
When I was in US I did take my car to the dealer once and it was in California, they did repair my car under warranty without any problems.

I know because of the dollar now the dealers and manufacturers are trying to scare people to buy locally but I bet that will not hold up in any court. You are buying a car from the manufacture and not the dealer. Bryan, can you tell me if this is correct or not?
[right][snapback]253040[/snapback][/right]
I know Honda doesn't allow US cars to be warranteed in Canada and I believe Chrysler is the other major PITA. You have to take your car to the US and seek a dealer for warranty repairs.
For the Lincoln, and Ford overall, there is no issue.
And for the record I paid $19,700 US, which converts now to about 19,200 Can$. Considering the almost identical vehicle that I had asked Mo and Matt about 4 weeks ago that turned out to be an accident insurance right off sold on eBay for $21000, I think I got a pretty good deal. This si the right off car that sold......... http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...=ADME:B:SS:CA:1
That car in Canada on autotrader sells for about $28,000 on average. My thinking is to drive the car for approx. 18-24 months and resell it here for the same $$$ I paid for it and buy another car State side.
I was lucky though, because 6 people called the day previous as I was compiling all my information on the car and sending my Uncle to check it out, and she actually had a lady who wanted to purchase the car outright, but couldn't get her PayPal account to work.
I am hoping to bring it into Canada Friday, but I have the US Thanksgiving weekend to contedn with. Bad timing there.
Very nice set of wheels...

I'm still thinking about an MKZ for myself, though I'd have to see how well I can use the controls on one given my issues...

But only the '08 & up comes with the M$ Sync system, so I'm curious what the controls were like before :huh:

NefCanuck
Nice car for a great price.
Congrats!
Nice find! Will she let you drive it?
yeah great car, I love the heated and a/c seats they are really nice.
NefCanuck,Nov 18 2007, 11:50 PM Wrote:Very nice set of wheels...

I'm still thinking about an MKZ for myself, though I'd have to see how well I can use the controls on one given my issues...

But only the '08 & up comes with the M$ Sync system, so I'm curious what the controls were like before :huh:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]253051[/snapback][/right]
You currently cannot get the Sync in the MKZ. Why? Stupid Ford. You can get it in the friggin Focus, but it is currently unavailable in the Lincoln. It will appear in the MKZ in the next 30-60 days apparently.
If I had to trade in my Mustang on a more family friendly car, the MKZ would be one of my first choices, and I like the 07+ ones with the Duratec 35...lots of power, and lots of creature comforts.

Good score, and good price...you got that thing for half of retail new....

Congrats!
nice Fusion.............My parents just picked up an 07 AWD for 24k with every possible option.
congrats! if someone forced me to get a ford vehicle that would be on my shortlist as well.

it will be awesome if your reselling plans come through!
The car has now landed here at home and we had a great weekend away in the US travelling, picking up the car and doing some shopping.

Issues with the car..........

Tint on the windows is very dark and would be best suited for a PIMP.
No front license plate bracket that I need to get and install.
Cigarette lighter doesn't work (warranty)

If anyone is thinking about bringing a vehicle into Canada, I can help with information and the do's and dont's. It was very easy and straightforward and went smooth as silk. If you want, I could put up a post and maybe the mods will sticky it.
Pages: 1 2