FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Paintball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone here interested in paintball, I've come across a few threads on the subject, but nothing too recent. Anyway, just got into the 'sport' and bought myself a marker after the first time out. If anyone plays maybe we can set up a g2g and get a decent sized group together for some paintball. Post up your markers, favourite places to play, and opinions.

My Smart Parts Ion Maxd:

[Image: IMG_8940.jpg]
oh lord not another ion lol..you'll learn about that in time. i used to be into it, not as much now since it got expensive (lol) but i still head out at least 2x a month. anyway i got myself a sypder 100% customized, all work done by me. i got a set of 2k2 timmy eye covers w/ detents as well just i havent installed them yet.

so it used to look like this...
[Image: Picture749Medium.jpg]
and now it looks like this
[Image: Picture1292Medium.jpg]
What's wrong with the Ion? Half decent starter gun, and already slightly modded.

Wow... lacking interest on the forums eh? I know habmann also plays, he just hasn't spoken up yet. :lol:
I thought i would wait and see if this time around there was any more interest. Seems that there's no room for cars and paintball in the lives of most on this site :lol:

And for sure the Ion is a good starter gun, better than a Spyder for sure, and for the record i own a spyder imagine.
i play, was going to post a pic of my marker but cannot seem to find on on my comp anymore, but as you can probably tell it's a Tippmann 98 Custom.
Im def interested in g2g...got sum friends too... heres my A5(cyclone feed, flatline barrel, and response trigger w/ double) also have ion but dont have pic on hand

[Image: Picture028.jpg]

[Image: Picture029.jpg]
euro_zx5,Nov 19 2007, 09:31 PM Wrote:What's wrong with the Ion? Half decent starter gun, and already slightly modded.

Wow... lacking interest on the forums eh? I know habmann also plays, he just hasn't spoken up yet. :lol:
[right][snapback]253126[/snapback][/right]
nothing is wrong with the gun itself, its just i used to work at PBCity and SOOO many kids have them, think they are the best ever. its not "better" than a spyder(well at least not mine) so to speak, its ones own personal opinion. however it does have certain advantages.
if there's gonna be enough people....i'll go and buy a gun....or rent one
i play down here in windsor wiht my friends. mostly woodsball/(open area with mounds and brush). went to the a field once this year. my guns arent too competive since i didnt have the money and got quite the deal on them.
im shoot a tippman model 98 and zap amp reactor. (both pretty s***) but im shopping around for a new gun so i can run with the big boys. my gun let me down way too many times at the field.
im looking at a pick up an Planet eclipse E-tek Ego or maybe if i can find a good deal on an 07 Ego.

i dont have any pics since both of my current guns are out of comission and in pieces.

the company i work for owns zap paintball so i get good deals on paint. makes the sport a little bit cheaper and the paint is good quality.
maybe a group buy on paint...just a suggestion...or maybe they want to sponser, never kno if you dont ask!!!
ZX5focused,Nov 20 2007, 12:20 AM Wrote:i play down here in windsor wiht my friends.  mostly woodsball/(open area with mounds and brush).  went to the a field once this year.  my guns arent too competive since i didnt have the money and got quite the deal on them. 
im shoot a tippman model 98 and zap amp reactor.  (both pretty s***) but im shopping around for a new gun so i can run with the big boys.  my gun let me down way too many times at the field.
im looking at a pick up an Planet eclipse E-tek Ego or maybe if i can find a good deal on an 07 Ego.

i dont have any pics since both of my current guns are out of comission and in pieces.

the company i work for owns zap paintball so i get good deals on paint.  makes the sport a little bit cheaper and the paint is good quality.
[right][snapback]253145[/snapback][/right]

Well just this past weekend, someone had an Ego and we were all in awe checking it out, first two times on the field he was having problems firing. And apparently this was a brand new gun. The only time I ever had a problem with mine was breaking s***ty paint... other than that, works great! I've adjusted the trigger to my liking, and soon I'll have a qev installed. Can't wait!

Nik, rent the gun for at least the first time and see if you like it, that's all it took me to decide to pick up my own marker.
I live in Victoria so i cant make the game but i do play. Quite alot actually im into woodsball

Gear:
Tippman a-5 - flatline barrel & Teardrop
- Howitzer
- E-grip
- Lightning bolt
- X5 hopper
- red eye scope
can fire up to 30 balls per second

pcs vest
pure energy 4500psi 42cu carbofibre weaved airtank
remote line
v force profiler mask(tinted lens)
2X paintball claymores

p.s. dont buy cheap C/T paint will ruin your day from busted paint in the barrel + if u go to fields you have 2 buy there paint.

to anyone new to paintball the tippman 98 custom is a great entry level gun with lots of mods and available at C/T just make sure its a 98 custom, because the basic 98 isnt a superb choice.
This marker however is a woodsball gun apposed to a speedball gun(ion, spyder)

4 all the real paintballers come to BC the fields r intense and there r tons of players. I was in a huge d-day recreation battle a month back that had 900 players!!! There is also 1 in oklahoma they do annually that usually has around 10,000 players and is played over a week period and allows you to experience many ww2 battles and scenarios.

i have some pics of different matches and my gear ill try to post them up.

Hey Girard k how do u like the response trigger? i hear it uses alot of air?
yeah im not a big fan i think im gonna go egrip. Id like to get in the 20-25 bps range but im happy with it...the response doesnt really use that much air...And if it does its because it wasnt installed right, because all in all the a5 is very good on air...it compresses enough that u shouldnt use nitro. And i woodball too but we have a few good fields in the toronto and london area and theres two down here in windsor that are half decent practice fields
i'd seriously love to see a tippmann shoot over 20bps. because to date, i haven't.
I've got a 32Degrees Rebel BTB with a Dye XCel 16" barrel, custom volumizer/low-pressure chamber and I still need to get a new drop forward for it. It's only 8-12BPS on full auto, but then again I'm not a speedball kind of guy. I tend to use it for pretty much woodsball and some tac ball.
Spinal,Nov 22 2007, 07:26 AM Wrote:i'd seriously love to see a tippmann shoot over 20bps. because to date, i haven't.
[right][snapback]253306[/snapback][/right]

google it.

and while ur at it check out the a5 machinegun. its 2 a5's attached and firing together mean ass marker(s)

inless u want to come to Victoria then ill show u my a5 in action lol