FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Strange Occurrence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When i plug in my car ionizer in the lighter socket and press the on button, my clock in the HU starts to grow all these vines and black lines and it looks like the matrix language stuff. It grows steadily. When I unplug the car ionizer those matrix/computer language lines start to go away slowly until the clock in the HU is completely clear and back to normal.

Does anyone know why this is happening?
cause you are on crack?? :lol:

wtf are you talking about?? :wtf:

if the thing you are plugging in gives off some crazy large electrical field it could be causing interference
you have to see this...its like this crazy matrix/weird lines start growing and spreading all over the clock display in the HU.

This only happens when i plug in the car ionizer which is 12v. Anyone else know ?
what the hell does hte car ionizer do?

:postpics:
did a little googling and this is definitely your problem

Quote:1,000,000 Negative ions per cubic centimeter @ one foot away from
front.* That's plenty of negative ions for inside a vehicle

taken from here:

linky

its causing soo much interference that it is messing up the lcd screen. kinda like how a cell phone screws up your speakers.
wow.......so aside from the interference messing up the lcd screen....will it blow a fuse or damage the ionizer or the car itself?
i have no clue

my advice if you still wanna use this thing, get one of those socket extension cords and move it away from your radio
thats a pretty good marketing gimmick.
It's obvious that your ionizer creates a disturbance in the space-time continuum.
hahahaha i love star trek!

Well just to update, oddly today it didn't cause that problem with the clock on the HU anymore. It was fine........ weird.
darn next time it happens i'll try to take a picture of it....u gotta see how what happens.....it actualy looks nicer with all the matrix-like lines growing and spreading on the display lol.

cornflakes,Nov 14 2007, 08:14 PM Wrote:hahahaha i love star trek! 

Well just to update, oddly today it didn't cause that problem with the clock on the HU anymore.  It was fine........ weird.
[right][snapback]252849[/snapback][/right]

i therefore go back to my original statement......lay the f*** off the crack!!!! hahaha
ahaha that's funny it will do the same thing to flourecent tubes and CRT displays.

the coatings on all these things react when hit with electrons... like from a magnetic field like the one used to ionize the air in your ionizer :)
ah that seems to explain it much better......