FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Those Little Round Convex Mirrors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question about positioning those little round convex mirrors on the side mirrors.

Is it better to place it on the inner most part of the mirror or at the outer most edge of the mirror?

I hate those stupid things... as if you position your mirrors correctly you don't need them. but in anycase they should go on the outer most part of the mirror as they give a better rear / side view for you.

also if you have heated power mirrors they will not defog the added convex mirrors.
my car came with those.....at first i hated them...but got used to them after a while......they help me with blind spots
NikiterZTS,Nov 13 2007, 06:14 PM Wrote:my car came with those.....at first i hated them...but got used to them after a while......they help me with blind spots
[right][snapback]252742[/snapback][/right]

To hard to turn your head Nik?
cornflakes,Nov 13 2007, 06:56 PM Wrote:I have a question about positioning those little round convex mirrors on the side mirrors.

Is it better to place it on the inner most part of the mirror or at the outer most edge of the mirror?
[right][snapback]252737[/snapback][/right]

Outer. But play with it and see where you like it.
Focus man, Focus.,Nov 13 2007, 08:09 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Nov 13 2007, 06:14 PM Wrote:my car came with those.....at first i hated them...but got used to them after a while......they help me with blind spots
[right][snapback]252742[/snapback][/right]

To hard to turn your head Nik?
[right][snapback]252755[/snapback][/right]

i didn't mean i look at them when i switch lanes.....thats too dangerous ofcourse :lol:

just when i drive straight and wanna know whats going on around my car
Yeah i agree....i drive a cube truck and 15 passenger van sometimes and i tell you those little round mirrors are HUGELY advantageous!

Of course it will never replace or substitute your own eyes and common sense but they are definitely helpful to have just to have a wider view
of everything around you as Nik said even on a small car like ours.

I also find it when turning around curbs, it's good to be able to see your tires and how close you are to the curb side or anything down there that you won't normally be able to see.
I looked today at work. They come in Square aswell.
Like 4 sizes to pick from either way.
not to thread hijack.. but I have one of those MAD JDM wide tinted "racing" rear view mirrors and the damn thing works like a champ! no joke.. I thought it was the biggest fad.. but it was given too me so I tried it out...
^^^im kinda interested in those
i m using convex mirror because i scrape wheels(passenger side) often..
being a short and with sparco seats, hard to see those curbs when parking..
I tend to stay clear of people driving with those idiot mirrors, same with old men wearing big hats and asians that don't think they need prescription glasses. Live and learn on the QEW.
CanadaSVT,Feb 19 2008, 08:43 PM Wrote:I tend to stay clear of people driving with those idiot mirrors, same with old men wearing big hats and asians that don't think they need prescription glasses.  Live and learn on the QEW.
[right][snapback]258394[/snapback][/right]

Markham is VERY bad for this kind of a thing
Meford has them on his son's fofo.
PM him.