FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: That Time Of Month Again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As some of you know me, i can't hold on to a car for more then couple of months without getting the itch of trading for something else.

Special of the month, 03 Mazda Protege5
[Image: 90984.2.z.jpg]

I was looking at one, but honestly i dont get what's so special about these cars. Doesnt have heated seats, traction control or ABS.( i'm comparing it to my 03 ZTW) the only good thing i can see about them is the fact its got rear disc brakes. So the question is why are these so popular? and is it worth for me to trade the focus+pay 1K to get into the Protege 5?

By doing this, i will loose all my comfy options such as heated seats, ABS and traction control, also my real HID's. I will gain rear disc. :(

mmmm, come to think about it, i dont really think they are that special. can someone correct me if i'm wrong please.
aren't the plauged with problems?

Seems like everone i see on the road has a burnt out healdight. :lol:
I think it also has a solid rear axle .....
Spend the money on getting SVT suspension for your Focus ( if it'll fit )
when i test drove one (5 speed) i wasn't impressed at all.....

so i say do not go for it
yeah, mind as well stick with the Focus.

I dont want to loose my heated seats :)
i saw a couple SVTF around 9grand on autotrader..........never saw u having one :)
i don't think the car is anything special. even the 'mazdaspeed protege' isn't even that special these days.

IMHO rather than pay a bit of money here and there to get a new car often just go all in and get a car you really want and call it a day.

seems like you are really into wagons.. get a V8 S4 avant
naz,Nov 13 2007, 11:40 PM Wrote:i don't think the car is anything special.  even the 'mazdaspeed protege' isn't even that special these days.

IMHO rather than pay a bit of money here and there to get a new car often just go all in and get a car you really want and call it a day.

[right][snapback]252747[/snapback][/right]

Naz, did i win the lottery? But yeah you are right I love that car.
I also did look at A4's while back, but honestly i can't afford to get one specially if it decides to brake on me.

mo_focus,Nov 14 2007, 03:04 AM Wrote:
naz,Nov 13 2007, 11:40 PM Wrote:i don't think the car is anything special.  even the 'mazdaspeed protege' isn't even that special these days.

[right][snapback]252747[/snapback][/right]

Naz, did i win the lottery? But yeah you are right I love that car.
I also did look at A4's while back, but honestly i can't afford to get one specially if it decides to brake on me.
[right][snapback]252772[/snapback][/right]

did you look hard enough? I bet you could get a low miles example for like USD $17k certified pre owned S4s are like USD $30k