FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Bell Does It Again!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, as you may all remember, I had a little problem with Rogers this past summer where they decided to disconnect my homephone and cable without any prior notice.

Well, it's sympatico's turn... They've gone and disconnected my DSL without any notice -- It went down last wednesday, they said to give them 66 hours to look into it or they'd call...

I call yesterday and the CSR is very apologetic that I didn't get a call and that the ticket will need to be referred to the high speed centre.

So I call the high speed centre this morning, and lo-and-behold, I don't have any dry loop DSL connected. Why? I mean, I've had dry loop for over a year now.. so what gives?

Anyways, they will come and reconnect me on Thursday, complete with new circuit number....

I guess every telecom company sucks equally!

tho I'm looking forward to a free month or two of internet for this screw up...
Let me know if your having any issues, I can submit a complaint internally to get it moving faster for you. They introduced this process to employees for this exact situation.
Welcome to the "I hate Bell with a passion" group. :angry:
Weird, just from one day to the next no service? :blink:

They were probably doing work on a circuit near yours and went snip w/o realizing it (They did it to my home phone service a month ago, only found out because people started calling my cell like crazy because my line was dead :ph34r:)

NefCanuck
Nef, yup.. every once in a while during moving week, my sympatico would go a little flakey as they fumble with the wiring.... however, it's a first that they'd actually disconnect the DSL so completely that they free up the circuit number as well.

Flo.. I'd love to have my internet back up sooner than Thursday, but not sure that would happen even if you intervened. I'll give them their time and then call up the billing office to make my demands for reimbursement. Thanks for the offer tho.

It would just be my luck that all of my services are getting a turn at being disconnected at random this year...
Crown Telecoms aren't any better with internet service, i don't know how many times i had to reboot the modem because it wouldn't allow me to connect to the internet.
Darkpuppet, if Speed isnt your main concern with internet, Might I recommend Portible Internet/Unplugged? I have used the Rogers product for 1 and a half years now since it was still in Prototype Beta Stages. I have never ever had disconnects, or outages. Infact the only outage I've ever experienced is when I first signed on it was still in beta and the tower by my house was not even activated for service yet, but after a few days It went up and I have since had no downtime.

It runs on a private wireless signal at 2.5 ghz to the Bell and Rogers cell phone towers equipt with the OFDM transmitters. The coverage is pretty impressive in ontario and it is even pretty popular out in cottage country too. Lastly, you can bring it with you to another location in the coverage zone and dont need to do any thing extra for it to work.

That, or maybe you might consiter FCI Broadband?
^-- actually speed is quite important for me... having to download multiple gigs of stuff for work (ok, and the PS3 -- damn demos is huge!). So I need the quickest, most consistent connection I can get.

And up until Bell decided they wanted my circuit back for themselves, I had a connection that consistently delivered nearly 6Mbps downstream..

But man do I feel lost... I don't even own a phonebook as I'd normally just hit the 'net.

Oh well, they're sending a tech tomorrow to hook me back up.. I just have to call to make sure that this is going to be under my existing contract and that I get reimbursed for the inconvenience.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

techno geek
Stick it to them Steve, but nicely. That'll ensure you get your credit quickly, as opposed to a months-long slog where they finally forget about it and you have to start all over again.
Bell is now trying their best to be worse than Rogers -- and succeeding.

Last Wednesday, my DSL goes down. I call up support, and get the, "I'm sending this to the testing center, and they'll contact you within 66 hours"

then on Monday I call, learn that they should have called, but didn't... that I have to call the highspeed centre

So I call the highspeed centre tuesday morning, and they tell me that my line was disconnected.. that they'd have a technician over on Thursday to reconnect me.

So I call yesterday at 4pm, no technician has arrived... when they tell me that I should have my internet by the evening.

So I go out lastnight to play volleyball, and get a call from the service tech at quarter to 6..

"Good afternoon, I'm <so and so> with bell, and I'm at your appartment to hook up your DSL"

"Um, I was sitting at home all day and they said that a technician would be there today to hook it up"

"yes, you are scheduled for an afternoon hookup"

"but it's evening now"

"yes, this was the earliest I could get here... can you get here within the hour?"

"no"

"ok, then I'm going to close the ticket"

"pardon? no.. I want it hooked up, can't you just hook my line back up in the wiring closet"

and so it goes...

so in the end he closes it and says that it'll be rescheduled for this morning...

now it's 11:50, and still no word from Bell... so I call them up, and I'm once again going through all the tech support's script, "is it hooked up to the phone line? How many phones do you have hooked up? Oh, I see it's a dry loop, ok, let me put you on hold..."

blah blah blah.

Sympatico is going to lose a customer if this keeps up...

Pm me the B1 userID and ticket # if you have any...

I'll put in a complaint on your behalf.
Wow sounds like they take lessons from Verizon (which is why I have Time-Warner cable now).

Geesh! absolutely ridiculous.

I hope it all goes well, and you get a couple months free for all of that nonsense.
Urg, this is bringing bad back memories of the last time I had issues with Sympatico.

The website dslreports.com has a section dealing with Bell Sympatico that is monitored by Bell employees who are, in essence, a "fire fighting team"

That's how I got my speed issues resolved after it became frighteningly obvious that calling in to 310-SURF was only good for raising my blood pressure and lowering my opinion of Bell :( (Paying for 5MB/s and getting less than 1MB/s)

NefCanuck
turns out the asshole tech from yesterday didn't reschedule the hookup, and they're scheduling another for Sunday -- another all-day affair.
... if they bung this up DP go to the firefighters at dslreports and let them know. This is insane :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Wow i'd be on the phone talking to the main office or whatever ... ridiculous!

(I'd also complain about the installer-guy from yesterday and make sure he gets bad marks for being an asshole).
I'll make sure some people get fired. :ph34r:
Any updates?

This is what is in my ticket system...

Quote:I have called Mr. (insertlastname) and I have left a voicemail with my coordinates.
Flofocus,Nov 19 2007, 05:10 PM Wrote:Any updates?

This is what is in my ticket system...

Quote:I have called Mr. (insertlastname) and I have left a voicemail with my coordinates.
[right][snapback]253102[/snapback][/right]

Those internal notes, no matter how silly they are, should not be made public, but oh well, Bell sucks.
Pages: 1 2