FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Forced Induction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm considering going the forced induction route however I am not a DIY type of guy and would pay someone to do it.
Where in the Ottawa/GTA could I get this done?
i think almost any performance shop could slap a turbo/ supercharger kit on the car.....

in your position i'd go to Da Silva Racing
Alec Brandon,Nov 13 2007, 08:11 AM Wrote:So I'm considering going the forced induction route however I am not a DIY type of guy and would pay someone to do it.
[right][snapback]252685[/snapback][/right]

Like Nik said, most performance shops can do it. tapp Auto, PSI tuning, to name a couple around her can def do it for you.

your best bet is to buy a kit, have them install it and tune it. All said and done your looking at 5-6K (thats including dyno tuning, the cost of the kit, etc)

OR, you could sell your car and buy mine, never seen winter, less Km's than yours...why not? :P

02ztsian

Powerworks FTW. Fly me and some tools down, put me up for a few days and I'll install it for you! :deal:
Alec Brandon,Nov 13 2007, 12:11 PM Wrote:So I'm considering going the forced induction route however I am not a DIY type of guy and would pay someone to do it.

i'm going to go against the crowd and say that your best best if you are not a DIY type of guy is to purchase a factory turbo car (or any car that happens to be faster than your current one)

do the math of how much it would cost to turbo the car properly (other than the parts flo mentioned don't forget the cost misc parts like clutch, lsd, gauges, etc) plus a 'slush fund' for unexpected stuff breaking

add that number to the cost of your car and i bet you would find that you are almost able to just buy a faster car that has other features you can't get on a focus (such as awd or rwd...)

naz,Nov 13 2007, 05:16 PM Wrote:
Alec Brandon,Nov 13 2007, 12:11 PM Wrote:So I'm considering going the forced induction route however I am not a DIY type of guy and would pay someone to do it.

i'm going to go against the crowd and say that your best best if you are not a DIY type of guy is to purchase a factory turbo car (or any car that happens to be faster than your current one)

do the math of how much it would cost to turbo the car properly (other than the parts flo mentioned don't forget the cost misc parts like clutch, lsd, gauges, etc) plus a 'slush fund' for unexpected stuff breaking

add that number to the cost of your car and i bet you would find that you are almost able to just buy a faster car that has other features you can't get on a focus (such as awd or rwd...)
[right][snapback]252723[/snapback][/right]

Even more of a reason to buy my car :P :lol:

All the kinks have been worked out, I went through all the stress so you dont have to. Tranny is built to handle a lot more power than its currently making so if you get bored, change the turbo and injectors, get a new tune and your laughing.

You already have teh SCT stuff, so your ahead of the game right there, now you just need the 'suped up car' to use it to its full potential. ;)
if i'm not mistaken flo even had a low mileage short block swapped in recently?

plus he's been trying to sell for a while... time to low ball FTW :D :P
yep, probably around 50k on it now.

Low ballers, theres enuff of them on this baord. :rolleyes:
Flofocus,Nov 14 2007, 12:36 AM Wrote:yep, probably around 50k on it now.

Low ballers, theres enuff of them on this baord.  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]252753[/snapback][/right]

yea.. losers.

btw i got $4k cash in hand for your car let me know when you want to meet up so i can test drive it ok? :ph34r: :D
rofl
don't expect high rolling pimps whoever drives a focus............im a pimp still though :D
naz,Nov 13 2007, 09:35 PM Wrote:

yea.. losers.

btw i got $4k cash in hand for your car let me know when you want to meet up so i can test drive it ok? :ph34r: :D
[right][snapback]252758[/snapback][/right]

You can have my mods for that much, you can buy your own car to throw them on after.

Deal?
Flofocus,Nov 14 2007, 04:58 PM Wrote:
naz,Nov 13 2007, 09:35 PM Wrote:

yea.. losers.

[right][snapback]252758[/snapback][/right]

You can have my mods for that much, you can buy your own car to throw them on after.

Deal?
[right][snapback]252814[/snapback][/right]

lol sorry man i was totally just kidding around with you

but... if your mods for some reason include a cobb accessport Sti pink 525cc injectors, VF34 turbo, bosal catless uppipe and a catted bellmouth downpipe and a prodrive cat back exhaust .. i'm not kidding lets talk and let me low ball you for real :D :ph34r:

Why a stock STi turbo when you can buy a better one for the same price?
ZED_not_zee,Nov 15 2007, 12:38 AM Wrote:Why a stock STi turbo when you can buy a better one for the same price?
[right][snapback]252846[/snapback][/right]

i was under the impression the vf34 was a solid choice since it is the faster spooling turbo in the ihi lineup and still can flow enough for very solid gains on the 2.0L motor

to tell you the truth i haven't really done a crapload of research on aftermarket turbos since i'm still not 100% sure it is worth it to modify my car (maybe i should take my own advice and just buy a faster car.. ha)

out of curiosity what other turbo would you suggest instead? if i ever did get a different turbo i'd prefer one that spools as quickly as possible (ie i think a vf22 or deadbolt 18g would be too big for me since they apparently develop full boost at 4000rpm)
if ur in the toronto area id highly suggest you talk to paul from PR Performance hes already delt with two custom turbo charged focus and tons of other boosted rides he speciallizes in custom turbo charging pm me for details or check ou http://www.prperformance.ca for some pics of his work
how about drive all the way to massive speed system??
it is like 3 hrs of driving from toronto..
naz,Nov 14 2007, 06:30 PM Wrote:lol sorry man i was totally just kidding around with you
[right][snapback]252831[/snapback][/right]

So am I, cuz Im not parting out htis car. :lol: