FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Nfs Pro Street
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I just tried the demo for NFS Pro-Street and I gotta tell yas, not at all impressed.

Physics feel very arcade-ish. Damage does screw all to your car AFAIK. Crash scenes, which have been overly hyped, look like crap.

This game is just a half arsed version of Burnout, mixed in with another half arse of previous NFS titles.

Anybody else tried it?
I havent played it but I hear alot of the same thing you're saying from other people.
Played it on PS3, the demo.

Thought it was mostly alright, except for the impossible controls. But I couldnt' really get past the impossible controls. I imagine once I did I'd find many many other faults.
Yup, tried it and not impressed... will still get it when it comes out on a torrent though ;)
Graphics are nice but the cars "feeling" isn't up to par.
Forza is soooo much better still.
Crash sceens where disapointing. I thought I would see the roof cave in and windows smash during a roll over, but nope. Oh wow, my hood flew off... big deal.
The demo was way too short for such a big download. Just 2 tracks with no car options.
I played the PS3 demo a couple of times... and I thought it looked pretty good.... the handling on the speed challenge is a bit disappointing. It needs to be a little more responsive than the dead stick they give you.

More progressive control wouldn't have hurt them in this case...

Didn't have much trouble with the track event as the controls were a bit better for that.

If they went back to the old control scheme of the old PSone NSF titles, I'd be happy... though, wouldn't life be a lot simpler if all these EA titles could settle on one control scheme (my vote would be burnout's amazing controls)?

The damage model was always known to be pretty superficial -- you have several tiers that affect the car's handling until you blow it up -- and the race ending crashes do give a heightened sense of anxiety when racing.

However, it's not a complete damage model like you have in McRae (or motorstorm)... of course, there's probably going to be a lot more cars in NFS than you'd fine in McRae or Motorstorm... so perhaps it's excusable.

I really want this game to be good, but the demo reminds me of the Juiced 2 demo... all this urban fluff without any substance... so it has me concerned.

On the plus side, burnout paradise will be hitting soon, just too bad they don't do licensed cars. I really wanted to weave in and out of traffic in the new GT-R.

*sigh* -- guess I'll just take my GT-R to the track via the GT5 Prologue Demo (that's right bitches!!!)

NFS has always been arcade based, no realism there. Just solid, sweet looking graphics, and awesome gameplay/storyline. And like the rest of the series, I'm sure this one will deserve a spot in my collection... on multiple platforms perhaps. Because hell, the game plays differently all platforms across the board imo.