FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2008 Focus Test On Motorweek
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1/4 mi ET of 17.5s

wow...

Quote:the handsome new Focus sedan and decidedly sporty coupe

wow....

My gf did a 17.1 with her '04 and 100,000Kms
Yup... way to go Ford ;)
The show is on PBS Detroit Sunday @ 10am so I think I'll watch and learn, good or bad.
what a disappointment........
Hopefully many older people with kids or grandkids buy it, as it seems more Focused towards them until some nice packages become widely available.
All stock Focus's are pretty damn slow, be it 15's or 17's. Dont think the majority are buying them to rip it up at the track, but thats just my opinion.
I say if your going to build a coupe model, give it some needed muscle to go with the look!
If not, then why bother making one.

P.S. Of course stock Focus's are slow, but atleast Honda made a special model for their coupe, the Si!
Im not going to disagree because I like my cars with some power, but what im saying is any stock Focus I have saw in the good ol North America isnt anything to write home about performance wise. A lot of people buying this car dont care what it does in the 1/4 mile...

That being said, I really would like to see Ford step up and do something for those who are performance minded, but can you really expect anymore than what they have given? I say no. :ph34r:
its too bad this car wasn't out in like... 1993. 140hp fwd car with some decent handling would be a stand out back then!!
Automatic ;) I may like a focussport turbo coupe! :P
man if I had the money I would buy 3 of these cars!