FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Windshield Fluid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question for y'all.

About 1 week ago i filled up on my windshield fluid until the fluid was almost at the top of the cap. I never used the windshield fluid but when i went to check the other day it wasn't at the top anymore so i poured some more in just to see......it kept going and i poured a good amount in!

I checked for any leaks and there is no leaking on the bottom of the car or the driveway, i never used the fluid, so where did all the fluid go? Does windshield fluid naturally evaporate over time or did maybe i didn't fill it to the top because i had to give it some time for the fluid level to go down?

I'll be checking again in a week to see if the fluid mysteriously vanishes again.

cornflakes,Nov 8 2007, 11:29 AM Wrote:I have a question for y'all.

About 1 week ago i filled up on my windshield fluid until the fluid was almost at the top of the cap.  I never used the windshield fluid but when i went to check the other day it wasn't at the top anymore so i poured some more in just to see......it kept going and i poured a good amount in!

I checked for any leaks and there is no leaking on the bottom of the car or the driveway, i never used the fluid, so where did all the fluid go?  Does windshield fluid naturally evaporate over time or did maybe i didn't fill it to the top because i had to give it some time for the fluid level to go down?

I'll be checking again in a week to see if the fluid mysteriously vanishes again.
[right][snapback]252422[/snapback][/right]
I've noticed that almost the whole bottle of fluid will go into the container.Maybe you haven't filled it up all the way. Sometimes some air will get into the container and it'll take up some space.
yeah i bought one of those standard size windshield fluid (rain x) and it took a little more than half of the whole jug! I don't know if it was completely empty or not.

It was filled to the top but yeah, maybe it takes some time for it to go all down cuz i level topped off near the cap and i thought it was full....but a week later i added another quarter....so it must not have been full?

cornflakes,Nov 8 2007, 12:13 PM Wrote:yeah i bought one of those standard size windshield fluid (rain x) and it took a little more than half of the whole jug!  I don't know if it was completely empty or not.

It was filled to the top but yeah, maybe it takes some time for it to go all down cuz i level topped off near the cap and i thought it was full....but a week later i added another quarter....so it must not have been full?
[right][snapback]252424[/snapback][/right]
Could be....
well if you actually have had the chance to see one out side of the car they have holes on the tops of them for spill-over and for air to escape. So it would not suprose me if evaporation happens or spill-over from cornering or stop and go traffic occure.

and a normal focus washer bottle will hold 7/8 of a bottle of washer fluid if it's completely drained.

European ones will hold a little less.
wow 7/8th? Well this makes sense now....i think everything is ok and it seem i've used the appropriate amount and not more (unless my focus was thirsty or something).
I remember on mine when the tank was empty it would fill up with one whole jug.