FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gas Mileage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Someguy_ca,Nov 8 2007, 09:09 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 8 2007, 02:11 PM Wrote:Ethanol will eventually eat your fuel injection system for lunch, especially o-rings and other rubber-based parts.

Go with 91... no ethanol at all!
[right][snapback]252440[/snapback][/right]

Uh-oh. I've been using Sunoco Ultra 94 pretty much since I got the car, with the exception of getting gas at Shell on the way home from picking up the car that is.
[right][snapback]252473[/snapback][/right]

and thats fine if your car needs it. A lightly modded SVT is good with 91.
Flofocus,Nov 9 2007, 10:20 AM Wrote:and thats fine if your car needs it.  A lightly modded SVT is good with 91.
[right][snapback]252500[/snapback][/right]

I doubt I really need the 94, but the car seems to like it.

While I'm here... And since I'm feeling quite lazy. Which fuse controls the traction control? I've searched several times, but to no avail.
On my '01 ZX3, I was really amazed when I had the new style fuel pump installed (the post-recall one, where the tank opening has to be cut during install) With the original one that failed, I used to be lucky if I got 400km.

For the past year I've averaged roughly 500km until the light comes on. I don't really speed, but I like to accelerate quickly, though most of my driving is highway (usually going around 120 when it's not stop & go)

This is with a Diablo chip, 2.5" cat back and a Volant. I always run regular gas.
Pages: 1 2