FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2003 Focus Zx5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry guys, I just purchased my focus 2 hours ago and I don't really know what are the standard options (I haven't received the car yet). I thought it had an MP3 player but I didn't see MP3 written anywhere on the player.

The car has heated seats, traction control, cruise, and no sunroof. Unsure if it has the 6 disc changer or not (is that standard)?

Total newb question, my bad :unsure:
u've got pretty good options......

6 disc changer only comes in Focus SVT
NikiterZTS,Nov 6 2007, 08:05 PM Wrote:u've got pretty good options......

6 disc  changer only comes in Focus SVT
[right][snapback]252282[/snapback][/right]

No... I believe it's optional for all the models.
euro_zx5,Nov 6 2007, 08:06 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Nov 6 2007, 08:05 PM Wrote:u've got pretty good options......

6 disc  changer only comes in Focus SVT
[right][snapback]252282[/snapback][/right]

No... I believe it's optional for all the models.
[right][snapback]252283[/snapback][/right]
How about the MP3 player?
In 2005 you could get the 6 disk as an noption in all cars. It was also avalible on the SVT and ST models. I don't know about the older models but the new cd players are MP3.
Canadian ST,Nov 6 2007, 08:44 PM Wrote:In 2005 you could get the 6 disk as an noption in all cars. It was also avalible on the SVT and ST models. I don't know about the older models but the new cd players are MP3.
[right][snapback]252290[/snapback][/right]

Smalll correction, the single disk CD in the '05 did *not* play mp3's (They corrected that oversight in '06)

1st gen Focus only had the ability to play mp3's on the 6CD changer models from Blaupunkt IIRC.

NefCanuck
other options that your car might have will be standard like tilt telescope steering wheel. Aloys, front fogs, power windows, remote keyless entry.

one thing with the single CD player in the ZX5 it will have the upgraded sound system over the stock sedans, with the AVC feature (Automatic Volume Control) that will turn up your radio when you accelerate to what ever you have the AVC programed to increase by.
if it looks like this you have MP3 player, usually only 5% of them have this option.

[Image: 155e_1.JPG]

the rest of them have the standard single CD radio that looks like this

[Image: 65da109a42.JPG]

welcome to the site.
hey MO were you selling that 6 CD changer radio before?
I can't help you on your question, but, :hi:
My 04' ZX5 came with a 6 disc changer. When I bought the car it pretty much came with every option but the advance trac (rear disks) and an automatic transmission.
my 02 zx5 came wiht the 6-disc changer, no mp3 though. It may have been part of the sunroof package, i dont know as i didnt buy the car new
Thanks for all the info guys. Defintely the single CD player without MP3. It was good to know about the upgraded sound vs the sedan (i don't have a subwoofer i don't think; that's part of the mp3/6cd package).