FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Of Canada Announces Price Reductions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ford of Canada announces price reductions on most models
November 5, 2007
Source: Canadiandriver

Oakville, Ontario - Ford has announced that, effective November 3, consumers can save up to $8,250 on model-year 2007 and 2008 Ford and Lincoln models. The savings are part of the company's "Get in and drive year-end clearance" event.

"We hear what people are saying - they prefer to purchase in Canada," said Bill Osborne, president and CEO of Ford Motor Company of Canada. "To continue to give Canadians good reason to shop at home, we are providing additional savings on most of our vehicle line-up. It's a great time to consider a Ford or Lincoln vehicle, right here in Canada."

The company says that virtually all 2007 and 2008 models will come with an "e-bonus" of $1,250, available on-line or from dealerships. Additionally, there will be a delivery allowance of up to $7,000, and a 1 per cent reduction on the GST or HST, where applicable. The reductions are in addition to purchase and lease APR offers; for more information, visit Ford of Canada's website.

I'll believe it when I see a new Mustang GT Coupe go for sub $25,000.
If they bring down the 2008 Taurus-X AWD by 5,000 - 7,000... we might consider buying/leasing it instead of buying a used van!
saw a 2007 focus zx3 today at performance ford in windsor for 13 500 or something like that...
This is not posted on the corporate website can someone verify this?

The e-bonus is for real, but what about the price reductions?
D-Dub,Nov 5 2007, 10: Wrote:This is not posted on the corporate website can someone verify this?

The e-bonus is for real, but what about the price reductions?
[right][snapback]252262[/snapback][/right]

From another source:

from Toronto Star article
Oscar The Grouch,Nov 5 2007, 11:48 AM Wrote:I'll believe it when I see a new Mustang GT Coupe go for sub $25,000.
[right][snapback]252233[/snapback][/right]

Dude, if you think that's ever going to happen can I interest you in swampland in Florida? :lol:

Sure Ford will drop prices on slower selling models, but hot ticket items like a GT Coupe "We charge what the market will bear" :(

Now if they dropped a MXZ down to par....

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Nov 6 2007, 02:30 PM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Nov 5 2007, 11:48 AM Wrote:I'll believe it when I see a new Mustang GT Coupe go for sub $25,000.

Dude, if you think that's ever going to happen can I interest you in swampland in Florida? :lol:

Sure Ford will drop prices on slower selling models, but hot ticket items like a GT Coupe "We charge what the market will bear" :(

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]252274[/snapback][/right]

Yup, my boss just got sick of all the problems she was having on her 05 Gt, they just put an order in for an 08. they specifically asked about this and ford sais the mustang doesnt apply to this.
Great, so now you can have a Focus that looks like it humped a Tiburon and an Ion for the price of a Kia. Yeah, that's going to lend credibility! :lol: :lol:
Flofocus,Nov 6 2007, 02:41 PM Wrote:Yup, my boss just got sick of all the problems she was having on her 05 Gt, they just put an order in for an 08.  they specifically asked about this and ford sais the mustang doesnt apply to this.
[right][snapback]252277[/snapback][/right]

Different strategy but the lies stay the same... :rolleyes:
NefCanuck,Nov 6 2007, 01:30 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

Mmmmm MKZ or MKX for under $40K......yumminess...
Drivesthebeast,Nov 6 2007, 09:54 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

[right][snapback]252297[/snapback][/right]

Exactly, the MKZ would become my daily driver and the Focus would become my project car, my goal? Fastest Focus autobox around :lol:

NefCanuck
Drivesthebeast,Nov 6 2007, 10:54 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

[right][snapback]252297[/snapback][/right]

That's easy to do. Do what I am doing come April and buy one in the US. They are selling for under $30k used with less than 10k miles on them. Done.
the thing is this offere from what I've been hearing about it from the car companys that are doing the lower prices, it's only on cash buyers or people using 3rd party loans.
Frost__2001,Nov 7 2007, 04:08 AM Wrote:the thing is this offere from what I've been hearing about it from the car companys that are doing the lower prices, it's only on cash buyers or people using 3rd party loans.
[right][snapback]252309[/snapback][/right]

What do you think it is in the States though? You cant get dealer financing or leases there (unless you have an American address) so if people are going and paying cash for cars in the states, why not make it more appealing to pay cash and buy here? Just a thought and personally id rather see them make it more appealing to do both cash and finance/lease.
My family is in the market to buy two cars(they are buying one and so am I). So, I went to the Ford dealer hearing this wonderful news that they have reduced the prices..............WRONG. They told us about the "E-Bonus", but later said that people that have A-Plan don't qualify for it.

I kinda knew these reductions weren't true, because if they were, they would have been posted on the corporate site.
D-Dub,Nov 8 2007, 01: Wrote:My family is in the market to buy two cars(they are buying one and so am I). So, I went to the Ford dealer hearing this wonderful news that they have reduced the prices..............WRONG. They told us about the "E-Bonus", but later said that people that have A-Plan don't qualify for it.

My manager told me last night that the e-bonus and dealer allowance is still good for those with a or x plan... come see me! lol
CDN $40k for a lincoln? are you serious? that's the most insane thing ever.. drive to the US and spend a bit more to get a 335i instead
naz,Nov 10 2007, 01:39 AM Wrote:CDN $40k for a lincoln? are you serious?  that's the most insane thing ever.. drive to the US and spend a bit more to get a 335i instead
[right][snapback]252537[/snapback][/right]
I know your getting old, but don't you remember that I am a Ford employee? I bleed blue oval.

And yes, the MKZ is $40k here.
meford4u,Nov 10 2007, 08:23 AM Wrote:I know your getting old, but don't you remember that I am a Ford employee?  I bleed blue oval.

And yes, the MKZ is $40k here.
[right][snapback]252541[/snapback][/right]

word i fully expected you to get a hard on for the mkz but i didn't see you post in the thread above so my shock was aimed at the other guys :P

time for you guys to cross border shop the mkz is usd$32k new here
Pages: 1 2