FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Found My Winter Project.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got this thing for free, and no wonder....the guy that had it before butchered this little thing. It came pretty much as a box of parts, few things are missing. Figure its allot easier to tinker with a bike than it is with a car in a single car garage.

196X Suzuki K11 79cc 2 stroke (needs a whole lot of TLC) 98% of parts I have the othe 2% is a mystery.
Picture below now don't laugh....to hard :P
[Image: k11_begining.jpg]
Where are you gonna find cheap parts for a piece like that? :blink: :ph34r:

NefCanuck
ebay is my friend :)

Majority of the bike can be saved, re-chromed/powdercoated. I just want to get it running as step #1, get it functional and then proceed with cosmetics.

But yeah I don't think i'll find ANYTHING in any cycle shop in this area. It will be a cute bike in the end if I can pull it off. It apparently used to run until the previous owner decided to tear it down for reasons unknown...his back yard was littered with unfinished projects and crushed beer cans if that helps explain :ph34r:
hardk0re,Nov 2 2007, 11:36 PM Wrote:ebay is my friend :)

Majority of the bike can be saved, re-chromed/powdercoated.  I just want to get it running as step #1, get it functional and then proceed with cosmetics.

But yeah I don't think i'll find ANYTHING in any cycle shop in this area.  It will be a cute bike in the end if I can pull it off.  It apparently used to run until the previous owner decided to tear it down for reasons unknown...his back yard was littered with unfinished projects and crushed beer cans if that helps explain  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]252134[/snapback][/right]

I know someone into old British bikes, when I see them next I'll ask if they have any contacts for old Suzuki bike parts...

NefCanuck
you got a unicycle? :)

have fun with it. I love projects like that. It looks like a blank canvas. you cna do anything with it. good luck and update us on the progress once in a while.

Nice Kev. Its sure a fun project. Let me know if you're going to need engine parts. Me and my dad are rebuilding his old Yamaha Goldwing and I believe he found parts as well, although his is form the 1970's.
interesting projet.. I think its a good switch as most people tend to go for car projects.
79cc??

weird!
Looks as if you have a challange on your hands. But projects like this can be the most satisfying. And really how complex can a 60 something motor bike be?

Is it a 2 stroke or a 4?
Focus man, Focus.,Nov 3 2007, 06:40 PM Wrote:Looks as if you have a challange on your hands.  But projects like this can be the most satisfying.  And really how complex can a 60 something motor bike be? 

Is it a 2 stroke or a 4?
[right][snapback]252158[/snapback][/right]
196X Suzuki K11 79cc 2 stroke (needs a whole lot of TLC) 98% of parts I have the othe 2% is a mystery
Here is what it would look after you finish cleaning it up:

From a 1964 ad

[Image: 1964or_K11-M12_GBsales1_450.jpg]
Make sure you put the straight bars on it when you're done.

They look WAY better!

Nice little project.

My 76 Midget was the same way. Recycle bins, garbage bags and boxes.

The duel carbs came in 3 Mayonayse jars!
woot I got a 71 yamaha 200 you weigh half as much sa me, we should race lol