FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Touch Vs Old Scroll Ipod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wondering who has made the switch from the old scroll wheel Ipod to the new touch AND is it more convenient or just a pain in the ass. I use my Ipod everyday, its practically glued to me, so before I buy this new touch I was just wondering if it was worth it. Yes, I am aware they still sell the scroll wheel Ipods, but what I was wondering is if there are more benefits in buying this new Ipod.
Well I have a 20GB iPod Classic and my wife has a new 8GB Nano. I find her control pad to be super sensitive. Almost too sensitive. Also being much smaller the wheel takes less finger movement to get where you want to go. I think its all about getting used to what you are using.
depends on how much music and other things you have, I'm debating the 16GB touch or the 80GB classic cause i have a ton of stuff.

do you want the coolest thing or be able to take everything music you own with you.
I have a 30gb right now and I was thinking of getting the touch to replace it as it has taken a beating over the almost 2 years Ive had it. But if the touch is not a worthy upgrade I might just look for someone local to replace the front and change the battery.
I find the touch screen difficult to use if your fingers are sweaty. It just doesn't recognize your movement.

As cool as it is.... (ang it's cool) It's just another thing you need to protect from nicks dings and scratches.

It's not an Ipod you want to to just toss into your backpack or pocket next to the ol' car keys.