FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Is This A Good Upgrade Path?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i was surfing the 'other' focus site randomly while following a link and i came upon someone's mod list

Quote:2006 zx3, 2.0 PZEV. Toreador red
Body Mods: Roush front fascia, HIDs (6k), 5% Tint, Blue turns, Silverstar fogs, painted headlights, BOSCH wipers.
Performance Mods: MBRP exhust, F2 CAI, F2 Header, Cosworth Cams, CFM 65mm TB, FC short throw, Steeda MIL eliminator, energy dogbone inserts, SVT 5 spoke wheels w/ Hankook K106 rubber, SVT dampers and FRPP 1 1/2 drop springs, Bix RSB retrofit, Eibach anti-roll kit(22mm front/25mm rear), slotted rotors and Hawk HPS pads, XCAL2 by FocusSport.

it seems like that is a fairly comprehensive list of 'all motor' and suspension mods

EDIT: is this a good upgrade path? how much more power would this kind of setup be making?
i believe if cams are tuned then around 150whp
i'd really like to see his HID's.
just save your money and turbo.
I think turbo + exhaust is by far best bang for buck for starting off engine wise. After that, even if you loose interest you've still got a 200+whp ride thats a blast to drive.

I though the guy may just be an auto x'er ..............until I saw the tires.
Oscar The Grouch,Nov 1 2007, 01:26 AM Wrote:just save your money and turbo.
[right][snapback]252048[/snapback][/right]

:lol: yea that's exactly what i did...

but back on topic...

is there any reason why someone would choose that setup over turbo (it seems expensive)? reliability?

i've been in the just turbo it or get a different car camp for a while but that car seems like it is a well thought out ride (parts work together, some suspension, some power, diff wheels) so it made me think if there is something i'm missing
i saw this one 2.3L zx3 all N/A hitting 200whp on FF.com........i can just imagine how much money he spent on that lil car.....it was fully built.....he does lots of lapping tracks and autoX in it....still a DD

i'll try to find some pics of it tomorrow
Depending on the stage of the cams, he can probably use them with a turbo setup down the road. Everything else looks like it would live happily with a turbo.

I'm really curious about the HIDs since there are no offerings for them on the 05+ models.

All except for the HIDs, it sounds like one of the local guys down here, and he does really well in autocross.
torradan,Nov 1 2007, 07:05 AM Wrote:I'm really curious about the HIDs since there are no offerings for them on the 05+ models.
there are actually on ff.com, some guy just got them.

also for the turbo wouldn't you have to repalce a lot of other things as well to compensate for the added boost? so it doesn't like...explode lol.
I was going to PWSC my ZX3, along with Chromoly driveshafts, an LSD, and Clutchnet clutch, and perhaps some other bits here and there, along with a more comprehensive sound system or swap the front and rear bumpers to Ford RS ones. However, I went by the local dealership last November, and they had my current car sitting there in the cold outside, with 2 of it's tires kinda low on pressure. After asking the salesman if I could check it out, they made me an offer on my ZX3 that was more than double what other places had offered me (double the amount on the car itself, and allowed me to remove the stereo and summer rims to sell privately), and gave me a good price on the Stang too.

So, instead of boosting and further modding my ZX3, I chose to buy something that's quick, handles well, brakes well, and has leathers and creature comforts right out of the box.
I'd trade the roush body kit and svt rims foran LSD and some tires