FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cheap Car Insurance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i have been looking around for cheaper car insurance and because i have 2 speeding tickets half the places wont cover me and the ones that will its retarded rates.

both tickets were minor but still

dose any one know a good place to go that has good rates for younger people that have a record lol
Jmountney1,Jan 15 2010, 05:45 PM Wrote:so i have been looking around for cheaper car insurance and because i have 2 speeding tickets half the places wont cover me and the ones that will its retarded rates.

both tickets were minor but still

dose any one know a good place to go that has good rates for younger people that have a record lol
[right][snapback]299651[/snapback][/right]
You might want to start with a generic online insurance quote engine like this one to see how much of a range you might be looking at ... I did that two years ago (and intend to do it every year a couple of months ahead of my renewal date) and that's how I got hooked up with RBC Insurance - saved almost $800 per year for my wife and I, two cars and the house insurance.
Try Belair. They take ppl with bad records but still have decent rates. Try to stay away from brokers because they tend to make 11-15% of of you.
ZTWsquared,Jan 15 2010, 07:03 PM Wrote:You might want to start with a generic online insurance quote engine like this one to see how much of a range you might be looking at ... I did that two years ago (and intend to do it every year a couple of months ahead of my renewal date) and that's how I got hooked up with RBC Insurance - saved almost $800 per year for my wife and I, two cars and the house insurance.
[right][snapback]299654[/snapback][/right]

wow i tried that link and all the quotes were way higher then what i pay now :blink: And i'm with Aviva/Pilot wtf?!
thanks i try ed it. and its a lot more reasonable that the quote i got from state farm...

i was pricing a few cars

2010 s sedan focus $808 a month..... through state farm

that's when the call ended.

every where ells was at least 500 a month

that link quoted me $340 a month on a 2010 focus s sedan

$360 on a 2004 svt

$280 on my 2000 zx3

still high but a lot better.
Jmountney1,Jan 16 2010, 12:55 PM Wrote:thanks i try ed it. and its a lot more reasonable that the quote i got from state farm...

i was pricing a few cars

2010 s sedan focus  $808 a month..... through state farm

that's when the call ended.

every where ells was at least 500 a month

that link quoted me $340 a month on a 2010 focus s sedan

$360 on a 2004 svt

$280 on my 2000 zx3

still high but a lot better.
[right][snapback]299669[/snapback][/right]

Remember, a lot of the quotes are based on driving history, age of car, and your age, where you live, and how much driving you do daily for work. if you try some of your local independant broakers sometimes they have a really good rates compaired to what you would be quoted online.
i under stand that i just was wondering a good place to get quotes.

Scorcher000,Jan 15 2010, 07:14 PM Wrote:Try Belair. They take ppl with bad records but still have decent rates. Try to stay away from brokers because they tend to make 11-15% of of you.
[right][snapback]299656[/snapback][/right]

Belair was great for when I had my driver licence up at my bowmanville address. But now im looking into changing it to a Toronto. Catch this for my 94 Golf with liability it went from $118 a month to $548 just by changing the address and then she changed my staus from single to married and it went up to $608 I started laughing and told her that I would be calling back when I move to cancel my service with them.
By a PO Box up north or a families house. Say you live there but you really live in TO and you should be good as long as you keep your story striaght if you get into an accident. Many ppl do this and its not ilegal. Yet
Ahh im not to sure about that because it will be pretty easy to get caught. As your driver licence should match your insurance slip as well as everything else and who wants to drive an hour to get there mail.
That why you get it delivered to a families address and change your divers licence too. It a legal scam that ppl have been doing for years.
Yes That I agree with but the PO Box not so much. My Cars have lived in Bowmanville for the last few years but now im completly legit.