FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Time To Shop For Parts, Had An Accident
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I figured I'd get in an accident one day, with the Guelph-Toronto commute everyday. The odds of hitting or being hit were too great. Well today was the day, i got myself into a accident conga line. I could go on about traffic slowing, the douche infront of me slamming the brakes, but in the end, i rearended him, the worst part is he's saying I forced his car into another.
Luckily, no airbags to replace. Most of the damage seems to be the broken tabs on the headlights, the hood is curled right up and the rad. Mechanic hasn't gotten back to me yet on the full mech, but I'm praying it isn't too bad.
No injuries at the time of the accident, give everyone a day to consult lawyers and dream something up. What a freakin hassle and PITA this all is.
Spent a couple hours pricing out used parts, hood lights but now i gotta wait for the damage report.
This happened in the Sunfire btw, not the focus, another blessing. Whatever needs fixing will be coming out of my pocket too, I only had crash'n'go on the $800 car. So far I'm out $300 on the 401 tow to Milton OPP then back to Guelph.

I'll try and post some pics of the car, I know that's always the best part.
as soon as u said that it was sunfire.....it was like a stone off my chest........

good luck
bummer man...

you get charged with following too closely? There's another $100..

hopefully it all gets worked out in the end (but not too hard on your end)..
atleast your all right!

did the cops didn't charge you with careless driving? if so fight it
fawkin street racer :rolleyes: :lol:

Good luck with it. ;)
I don't if I got charged. 2 of the 3 cars were towed to Milton OPP. Filled out a report, had the car towed home (to the shop). Called my insurance told them I was in an accident and faxed them the 2 reports I had.
I think with a commute like yours you should invest in a CAA membership...
yeah hopefully you won't get slapped with following too closely fine.

As for the rest of the stuff. glad you are ok.
well good thing no one was really hurt... if your sunfire is over 5 years old, airbag or not your insurance could write off the car as the sunfire / cavilers are that disposeable.
You would have gotten the ticket at the time of the reporting... wouldn't you?

darkpuppet,Oct 30 2007, 04:51 PM Wrote:You would have gotten the ticket at the time of the reporting...  wouldn't you?
[right][snapback]252011[/snapback][/right]

Not necessarily. A freind of mine was in a accident and they came by the next day to charge him with careless (he hit some some guys rear bumper in traffic)
it seems unavoidable for me to be charged. i just don't know why I didn't get the ticket at the time.
Some folks are saying "no fault" still exists others are saying "no way, your dead in the water".
At this point depending on the cost of repairs I may just ditch the sunfire and find some other beater (although it was never a real beater, it was in great shape).

I told the garage not to repaint the bumper and that used/recycled hood and lights are fine by me, it's my dime. Those parts I can source myself, it's the rab bracket that's killing me.

"Oh and don't bother working on the A/C it never worked in the first place!!!!"
j3rt,Oct 30 2007, 07:35 PM Wrote:it seems unavoidable for me to be charged.  i just don't know why I didn't get the ticket at the time.
Some folks are saying "no fault" still exists others are saying "no way, your dead in the water".
At this point depending on the cost of repairs I may just ditch the sunfire and find some other beater (although it was never a real beater, it was in great shape).

I told the garage not to repaint the bumper and that used/recycled hood and lights are fine by me, it's my dime.  Those parts I can source myself, it's the rab bracket that's killing me.

"Oh and don't bother working on the A/C it never worked in the first place!!!!"
[right][snapback]252018[/snapback][/right]
First, I'm glad your okay. How about the guy who you hit? Be prepared to be sued, ( although it's extremely difficult now )

If you do decide to keep the Sunfire, ( although I really don't know why, sorry, I'm not a GM fan at all ) try looking for parts out east in the Durham region, home of GM. I went to a wreckers to find a part for the Focus, and all I could see for miles were Cavaliers and Sunfires.

Best of Luck.
I've managed to find the parts I can replace myself for rather cheap. The Jbody forums are pretty active and parts are plentiful.