FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hella Headlight Prob
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

I went to turn my headlights on tonight and nothing happened? No low beams or high beams. I checked the fuses and checked the connection to the battery and both are alright. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with these? They are the european headlights if that helps.

Thanks alot,
Mark
kram7171,Oct 29 2007, 06:32 PM Wrote:Hey everyone,

I went to turn my headlights on tonight and nothing happened?  No low beams or high beams.  I checked the fuses and checked the connection to the battery and both are alright.  Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with these?  They are the european headlights if that helps. 

Thanks alot,
Mark
[right][snapback]251947[/snapback][/right]

Did you just install them or did they just start doing this out of the blue?

hatchback? <_<
I have had them on for about two years now. Yeah its a hatchback.
I have to ask... are the bulbs burnt out? :unsure: Although it does seem odd to have gone all at once with both bulbs of course.
kram7171,Oct 29 2007, 06:49 PM Wrote:I have had them on for about two years now.  Yeah its a hatchback.
[right][snapback]251949[/snapback][/right]

Check the wires at the top of your hatch while its open. My lights started acting funny, and the wires were severed at this location. There is a TSB on it.
I think he said these were headlights. Why would he check for broken wires in the hatch? I am thinking someone is confused. :blush:
Hella headlights are they E-speck? ...If so look up my many need help topics about them.... for future problems with them.

1. Check your relays in your fuse pannels under the hood for your headlights lighting system, the relays might be fried or expanded. you will have to replace them with new ones to correct this problem, and the only way you can see if they are expanded or damaged is by pulling them out.

2. Check your wiring from your headlights to your OEM wiring as it could be fried there depending on how you wired them up. If you cut the plugs off and hard wired them to your OEM wiring, you will have to replace the wiring that is burnt.

3. if the wiring it fried all the way to the under hood fuse box, you will have to replace all under hood wiring.

4. If you changed your light bulbs to a higher wattage bulb, you could have burned out the headlights in the headlight unit itself, if the wiring it fine at the plugs and the backs of the headlights look melted you'll have to replace your headlights.
get yourself a multimeter..
then finding problem is really easy
Focus man, Focus.,Oct 30 2007, 03:32 PM Wrote:I think he said these were headlights.  Why would he check for broken wires in the hatch?  I am thinking someone is confused. :blush:
[right][snapback]251994[/snapback][/right]
Nope, not confused, my signals stopped working in front, and my high beams would turn on by themselves.

Guess How I fixed it? :P
Flofocus,Oct 31 2007, 09:57 AM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Oct 30 2007, 03:32 PM Wrote:I think he said these were headlights.  Why would he check for broken wires in the hatch?  I am thinking someone is confused. :blush:
Nope, not confused, my signals stopped working in front, and my high beams would turn on by themselves.

[right][snapback]252025[/snapback][/right]
Duct tape? :lol:
oldeguy,Oct 31 2007, 02:28 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Oct 31 2007, 09:57 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]252025[/snapback][/right]
Duct tape? :lol:
[right][snapback]252026[/snapback][/right]
:lol: How?