FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtb - Tools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
working at bestbuy as car-fi installer, i have all tools but i need to get spare tools to use at home as i do lots of stuff to my car..

i need these tools so i searched crap tire, home depot but didn't want to pay too much for new set..
i need these..any condition is okay, as long as it works..

- cordless drill 12v~18v range with 2 setting(speed/torque) and has to have 2 batteries..
- pliers, any kind is fine..
- screwdriver set, not small or tiny one..few + and -..magnetic tips preferred..
- butane soldering iron

let me know what you got..
well as for a cordless drill, i just purchased a mastercraft one last week is a 18v , comes with the drill, 2 batteries a 1 hour charger and carrying case for $79 - or $99. thats a pretty decent deal and its brand new with a 3 year warranty, which is better than spending around the same for a used one with no warranty and unknown life left on the battery or life left in the drill.

pliers you can go to dollarrama if any set is fine for kicking around i have a few sets from there for just kicking around and not carring about. they carry mini pliers and bigger sizes wirestrippers etc.. $1 a piece so who cares if it get lost stolen or even brakes cause you can go get another one right?

screwdriver set hmm you should go back to crappy tire and go buy the full set of mastercraft screwdriver you get like 28 of them there life time warranty and only $9.99. cant go wrong for $10

and soldering iron you can get anywhere but if you want anykind of soldering iron go to princess auto they have a huge selection and its pretty reasonably priced.

so yeah like posted above you got your brand new cordless dril BRAND NEW $100
, BRAND NEW 28 piece lifetime warranty set of screwdrivers $10, full range of any kind of pliers say maximum $10, and a solderingiron fromanywhere $29 BRAND NEW.

hmm $150 for all brand new stuff that all works and you wont have toreplace for awhile plus the warranty you get with the more expensive things you definatly cant go wrong. so dont be cheap and just go and spend some flow on yourself. :D

konafocuswrc,Oct 28 2007, 01:42 AM Wrote:working at bestbuy as car-fi installer, i have all tools but i need to get spare tools to use at home as i do lots of stuff to my car..

i need these tools so i searched crap tire, home depot but didn't want to pay too much for new set..
i need these..any condition is okay, as long as it works..

- cordless drill 12v~18v range with 2 setting(speed/torque) and has to have 2 batteries..
- screwdriver set, not small or tiny one..few + and -..magnetic tips preferred..
- butane soldering iron

let me know what you got..
[right][snapback]251860[/snapback][/right]
actually, the thing is the taxes..that is why i prefer to buy off someone's used set..

i never heard of dollarama as i am new to toronto..i m gonna check that out..
Try Princess Auto.
- butane soldering iron

well I think the thing that will cost the most for you will be the drill, if you look online at a few places like home depo, Cdn Tire, Rona, home hardware, & Wal-Mart you should be able to find what your looking for and compair prices. or if used check out a pawn shop as they are everywhere in Toronto.

the pliers & screw driver set you could get at Ikea in their Fixa set it's like $15 with taxes and it also comes with a hammer & wench. plus their screw driver set is decent, but lack the square head bits.

as for the soldering iron CDN tire usually has a range of those from $8 - $50 depending on the size.
I'll let you all in on a little secret. At home depot.ca they have an auction and hammer drop every day. The auction runs from 10-10 and the hammer drop runs for 24 hours and changes at 8am. There are some great deals on tools and other stuff too.
I know for a fact they recently had both the Ryobi 18v kit on for $159 and the Dewalt 18v gun was auctioned off for around the $75 mark.

Auction
https://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/...QiFW%2Fog%3D%3D

Hammer Drop
https://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/...0051&langId=-15

Good luck, but don't outbid me or I'll keal ya. :lol: