FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2008 Focus, What Would It Take...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, let see if we all agree on this. Me well I would buy it if there's an ST or a turbo 2.3l.
Boost or bust!
I'll take another vehicle over the 08 Focus after seeing one today and comments to the sales staff that it was a bastardized version of the Focus.
An '08 sedan, turbo'ed & lashed to a DSG style autobox please & thanks...

Otherwise the new sedan is snoreville with a capital Z

NefCanuck
Wow, no one wants the current model the way it is :P Man that new focus sucks.
euro,Oct 27 2007, 12:28 AM Wrote:Wow, no one wants the current model the way it is  :P Man that new focus sucks.
[right][snapback]251829[/snapback][/right]

To tell you the truth I wont buy another focus.
Not that I wont buy a ford. Just wont be a focus, new or old.
If they redid the body work, made it more appealling to the eye, I would be buying one( if I was looking for a new car ). From what I've read, here and other sites, the car is an improvement from the stock Focus, in regards to driveability, but, it looks like............................................... :angry:
Reminds of an old saying about good looks and good "performance" from a human standpoint... I just can't remember the saying :o
It's like they didn't try to make it look nice. I coupe would be cool if the car looked good. I saw it at ford today and sometimes in person cars looks better, well the focus looks worst in person. It's tall, narrow and wierd. I'll buy me a used SVT or Mazdaspeed3 or a fusion ses 2.3l man (turbo that b*tch).

The new focus will be terrible for ford, someone should get the boot on this one. I don't think I'll see one often one the road. And what's with the Lion-man crap :lol:
They won't sell the ca if they show it for too long on TV; "so look at the not funny lion-man crap, look at it, yeah, now lets make it run to a car in a parking lot, far far away from the cameras :lol: Only a stupid person that has no clue about how things are in the car market would want this POS,..enters the LION-MAN :lol:

Hey if you want one go for it, it's your choise, I won't judge you for it. But if no one buys this "ride" well this will send a message to for and maybe they will do something right like build us a real focus, like guys and gals in Europe are enjoying :rolleyes:

Ok, I'm done :lol:
euro,Oct 27 2007, 12:45 PM Wrote:like build us a real focus, like guys and gals in Europe are enjoying 

[right][snapback]251844[/snapback][/right]

It's not Just Europe, It's Globally as well.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I like the styling of the front... but hate the rear, and the crome vent thing on the fenders.... not to mention crome everywhere is very tacky. I love the interior and I really think Ford should have used the 2008 interior in the 2005 model as I can tell you the dash really digs into the side of your right leg while driving from that notch thing where the HAVC buttons are... I can say this as a tall person, I donno if anyone else has this issue with the 2005+ models or not.

out of this poll I can clearly say the one answer I would have chosen was not there and that would have been - none of the above.

Would I buy a new focus? No, I wouldn't, and I don't think I will buy one in 2012 when the true MK3 comes out. I have come to the conclusion I don't think I would buy another focus as I've had 2 now, and I think I'm starting to out grow the one I have now, reality is Ford came to late to keep me interested in the Focus anymore. I want something different and to me it seems like Ford really let me down because they just stopped caring about their products here in north america.

I don't know what car I choose next to buy or lease, but I'll be really hard pressed to put Ford on my list, unless it's used, very used.
Frost__2001,Oct 27 2007, 05:50 PM Wrote:
euro,Oct 27 2007, 12:45 PM Wrote:like build us a real focus, like guys and gals in Europe are enjoying 

[right][snapback]251844[/snapback][/right]

It's not Just Europe, It's Globally as well.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I like the styling of the front... but hate the rear, and the crome vent thing on the fenders.... not to mention crome everywhere is very tacky. I love the interior and I really think Ford should have used the 2008 interior in the 2005 model as I can tell you the dash really digs into the side of your right leg while driving from that notch thing where the HAVC buttons are... I can say this as a tall person, I donno if anyone else has this issue with the 2005+ models or not.

out of this poll I can clearly say the one answer I would have chosen was not there and that would have been - none of the above.

Would I buy a new focus? No, I wouldn't, and I don't think I will buy one in 2012 when the true MK3 comes out. I have come to the conclusion I don't think I would buy another focus as I've had 2 now, and I think I'm starting to out grow the one I have now, reality is Ford came to late to keep me interested in the Focus anymore. I want something different and to me it seems like Ford really let me down because they just stopped caring about their products here in north america.

I don't know what car I choose next to buy or lease, but I'll be really hard pressed to put Ford on my list, unless it's used, very used.
[right][snapback]251848[/snapback][/right]

Well, you're right.
i voted for "next gen"..and do wrc replica again..
if peugeot comes to canada, i might try 307..but it won't happen..

i will have to see 08 focus in person to set my mind if i totally like it or dislike it..but judging by pictures i've seen, answer is no..
I drove buy the local Ford dealership tonight and looked at the sedan...yuk! It must have been the base model, plastic hub caps. There was even more wheel gap on the 08 then the 06/07 models. The only good thing is the door handles are the same colour as the rest of the car. Over all I think it was a step in the wrong direction for Ford.
its prob like the 7 series.. eventually ppl get used to it.. haha
I was getting used to it but it was from the pictures. Then I went and saw the car in person, well I can't get used to this car. I like the interior...that is it. Too bad, I was looking forward to having a new focus.
I will always own a focus a fun/track car... as for a new car? BMW 135I is un-stopable in it's price range... know the engine is sealed.. I know it's dealer maintain only.. but I won't want to tinker with it... that's what the focus is for :)
ZED_not_zee,Oct 28 2007, 01:09 PM Wrote:I will always own a focus a fun/track car... as for a new car? BMW 135I is un-stopable in it's price range... know the engine is sealed.. I know it's dealer maintain only.. but I won't want to tinker with it...  that's what the focus is for :)
[right][snapback]251881[/snapback][/right]

If they are able to keep the under 40g's that thing will sell quick! Twin turbo ....wow. I bet that thing would rip on the track.

As far as the Focus my next car will need a turbo (from the factory) If we get the real ST I will get one. If not I may look at a MS3, WRX.
Canadian ST,Oct 28 2007, 12:26 PM Wrote:
ZED_not_zee,Oct 28 2007, 01:09 PM Wrote:I will always own a focus a fun/track car... as for a new car? BMW 135I is un-stopable in it's price range... know the engine is sealed.. I know it's dealer maintain only.. but I won't want to tinker with it...  that's what the focus is for :)
[right][snapback]251881[/snapback][/right]

If they are able to keep the under 40g's that thing will sell quick! Twin turbo ....wow. I bet that thing would rip on the track.

As far as the Focus my next car will need a turbo (from the factory) If we get the real ST I will get one. If not I may look at a MS3, WRX.
[right][snapback]251882[/snapback][/right]

I look at American pricing as I refuse to buy a car in Canada living so close to the US... (A LOT CHEAPER) and the 335i is under 40k so the 135i is gona be at a really good price point for what it is...
im kinda set for the first generation of focus's still......i think it falls more under my price range.....if i wanted to go all out....i'd buy WRX
Funny thing I was looking at the 135i too. And yes I would go get that car in the US too if they don't change the prices here in Canada
we are beating a dead horse here..
Pages: 1 2