FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Top Gear Test Track And Episodes In Gt5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's official!

Gran Tourismo 5 for the Playstation 3 is going to include the Top Gear test track as a playable track. In fact, I think we're going to have our own reasonably priced car challenge when this comes out...

Also, Gran Tourismo 5 is going to offer downloadable episodes of Top Gear...

an excerpt of this article..

Quote:Tokyo, October 24 2007 – Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) and Polyphony Digital, Inc., the creators of the best-selling racing franchise, Gran Turismo®, today announced a collaboration with BBC Worldwide that will allow BBC’s Top Gear programme to be downloaded through Gran Turismo TV (GT TV™) on PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™).
GT TV, a dedicated online channel packed with the latest news and content from the motoring world, will launch worldwide on PLAYSTATION®Network in 2008. BBC Worldwide will provide 40 episodes of Top Gear, the award-winning BBC television series about motoring for download.
In addition, the Top Gear Test Track – the track featured each week on the show, where host Jeremy Clarkson and the Top Gear team test the latest cars – will be replicated in Gran Turismo 5 (GT5) on PS3. For the first time in a racing game, players will be able to burn rubber and experience every white knuckle, hairpin turn on the Top Gear Test Track for themselves.
“We at Polyphony are great fans of the world’s best motoring programme, Top Gear, so we’re delighted to be collaborating with BBC Worldwide to deliver Top Gear content via Gran Turismo,” said Kazunori Yamauchi, President, Polyphony Digital, “We’re sure that players will be as thrilled as we are when they get the chance to put their own driving skills to the test on the Top Gear Test Track in GT5, as well as enjoying classic episodes of Top Gear via GT TV.”

this is amazing news to me!
Neat, but I sure as heck hope they don't offer an option to have Clarkson comment on your driving, because oi, he'd shred me over how I handled the EVO :ph34r:

Heck, he'd rightly kvetch about my handling of the previous three cars, even on sticky as hell race tires I was making them <Clarkson> sing like a cat in a dishwasher </Clarkson>

NefCanuck
Maybe I'll have to go out and buy a PS3 now.......
lol I can't wait to see that... I wonder if they are going to use the Chevy Lecetti or Susuki Lianna.
OK, THAT is seriously cool!

It's almost enough to get me to go out and get a PS3 now. Wow.
darkpuppet,Oct 24 2007, 12:50 PM Wrote:Gran Tourismo 5 for the Playstation 3 is going to include the Top Gear test track as a playable track. [right][snapback]251634[/snapback][/right]

I wonder if they will have the same stupidly placed sewer grate at the finish line like the real track?
Sweet i wonder if u can race against...... THE STIG!!
Frost__2001,Oct 24 2007, 03:08 PM Wrote:lol I can't wait to see that... I wonder if they are going to use the Chevy Lecetti or Susuki Lianna.
[right][snapback]251642[/snapback][/right]
Both I hope.

02_svt_guy,Oct 26 2007, 03:06 PM Wrote:Sweet  i wonder if u can race against......  THE STIG!!
[right][snapback]251792[/snapback][/right]
That would be awesome.

This almost makes me glad that we have a PS3 (got it 2 days ago). I've yet to find anything I want to play on it besides Guitar Hero 3 whenever we get that.
Aka,Oct 27 2007, 02:37 AM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Oct 24 2007, 03:08 PM Wrote:lol I can't wait to see that... I wonder if they are going to use the Chevy Lecetti or Susuki Lianna.
[right][snapback]251642[/snapback][/right]
Both I hope.

02_svt_guy,Oct 26 2007, 03:06 PM Wrote:Sweet  i wonder if u can race against......  THE STIG!!
[right][snapback]251792[/snapback][/right]
That would be awesome.

This almost makes me glad that we have a PS3 (got it 2 days ago). I've yet to find anything I want to play on it besides Guitar Hero 3 whenever we get that.
[right][snapback]251832[/snapback][/right]

Fight night Boxing is pretty sweet!!! unbelievable graphics
Same with the othr sports games like b-ball, and madden 08

ive playd just bout every game n these r my pics. oh oblivion is pretty good 2!
I am still trying to decide if I get PS3 or xbox? I got hooked on PS2 because of GT4.
02_svt_guy,Oct 27 2007, 05:28 PM Wrote:Fight night Boxing is pretty sweet!!!    unbelievable graphics
Same with the othr sports games like b-ball, and madden 08

ive playd just bout every game n these r my pics.    oh oblivion is pretty good 2!
[right][snapback]251853[/snapback][/right]
I hate sports games. Especially boxing, baseball and football.
There's always Ratchet and Clank: Future Tools of Destruction.

It may seem like a childish game (really, it is), but it's hella fun!
Only played 2 games so far, Burnout Revenge or something (PS2 game) and the GTHD concept thingy.
Maybe I'll see if my roomate wants to get that...

He's got PS2, PS3, Xbox and Xbox360...

I'm rockin' the Sega Dreamcast still! Woot Woot! lol
That's it I'm getting a PS3 for X-mas!!!!