FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Speaker Upgrades
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i dont know how many of you looked over at focusfanatics.com but there is a thread on upgrading your speakers, however they are OEM ones from Ford. i just got mine in the mail today, the total (and no im not kidding) came to 30.17 for 4 of them, they are from partsexpress.com and its a clearout event, once they're gone thats it. shipping was almost as much as the speakers were LOL. also i figured i should of put this in the ICE section, but i wanted people to see it lol.

here is the partsexpress site.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=269-326

here is the focusfanatics thread
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showt...p?t=137451

[Image: Picture1518Medium.jpg]
[Image: Picture1519Medium.jpg]

enjoy
Hows the sound output?
Is it really worth upgrading to OEM's? lol
Sorry for bad sarcasm... but still would like to know why one should buy these.
that's a really good deal, I think my one in the back is on it's way out... and I don't want to spend what I did on my Tercel....
Gravter,Oct 24 2007, 01:06 PM Wrote:Hows the sound output?
Is it really worth upgrading to OEM's? lol
Sorry for bad sarcasm... but still would like to know why one should buy these.
[right][snapback]251628[/snapback][/right]
everyone on FF has said its a very large improvment over stock, they don't have as much bass but they are a lot clear/cripser. but i have a sub, so that takes care of the bass. one of my buddies is into the audio scene and i asked him about the diff between stock and those with all the little techical details and he said they are better. so im going to assume he knows what hes talking about i haven't installed them yet since i just got them today also i gotta figure out how the door panel comes off, so if anyone knows, any bit of advice will be much appreciated lol. and for that kinda money you could sell them on ebay easily for the same price, or even a bit more if it didn't work out.
that sure does better job than focus speaker which is midrange speaker..

this thing got tweeter, so it is 2 way speaker..
so this thing will take care of higher freq range..
gonna be installing them soon, at least ford didn't make this process super complicated.
I had my parts guy check. The part number is for a 2003-2005 Ranger replacement speaker. Probably from the Tremor package.

Good buy if they are!

Ryan
They look like the MACH speakers from a Mustang...;)
well i installed them over the weekend, wasn't actually that hard, taking the door panels and the rear part of the hatch apart is fairly straight forward. sounds much better than stock, for sure. and with the sub, just amazing.
Nice to read that you like 'em.
I'm seriously thinking about getting these.
I hate taking door panels off... such a pain.
I have to install my 300w amp and one of my MTX 10" sub first though.
I need to build a custom box that won't take up my truck space.
Time to take some measurements :)

---- EDIT ----

Just was about to get them and shipping charges are 25$!!! + brokerage fees.
Maybe some other time.
there won't be any brokerage charges. the speakers come out to less than $20, $17 to be exact. so there isnt anything that needs to be paid. i wonder why shipping is so much, are you in like a remote location of quebec? lol shipping for me was $13.29....