FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Steeda Cold Air Kit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone. Does anyone here have the Steeda cold air kit? if so how is it? Any pics, the steeda site shows a tiny pic.

DRyanc
NefCanuk has one on his Duratec. Is it for your 2007?
[Image: Picture1496Medium.jpg]
Yes I was thinking about it for my 2007. They show a dyno chart on the steeda.ca site but you can't get it big enough to actually read. What about the Focussport, anyone have one?
DRyanC
when i got my steeda intake, i didn't need a dyno to tell me that it was better than stock, you can feel it instantly. lol
DRyanC,Oct 24 2007, 10:03 AM Wrote:Yes I was thinking about it for my 2007. They show a dyno chart on the steeda.ca site but you can't get it big enough to actually read. What about the Focussport, anyone have one?
DRyanC
[right][snapback]251606[/snapback][/right]

NOS has one, nice, but I'm not a fan of the foam filter. I'd personally go with a KN filter if it would fit.
DRyanC,Oct 24 2007, 08:09 AM Wrote:Hey everyone. Does anyone here have the Steeda cold air kit? if so how is it? Any pics, the steeda site shows a tiny pic.

DRyanc
[right][snapback]251599[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I have one on my 05, same design for the MY 05-07, put about 12,000km on it now.

Definate improvement over stock, both in terms of HP gained (combined with the MBRP I saw an 8HP gain over stock on my autobox as measured by the DaSilva dyno) and throttle responsiveness is instantaneous as compared to the "one steamboat, two steamboat" of stock.

NefCanuck
Spinal,Oct 24 2007, 10:03 AM Wrote:[Image: Picture1496Medium.jpg]
[right][snapback]251605[/snapback][/right]

After looking at this pic, I notice that you would have to remove the top stainless plate to be able to change the headlight bulb, right?
Gravter,Oct 24 2007, 11:57 AM Wrote:After looking at this pic, I notice that you would have to remove the top stainless plate to be able to change the headlight bulb, right?
[right][snapback]251627[/snapback][/right]

Yes, but this actually gives you more room than with the stock airbox in place (heck, you could even pull the filter itself out, and if at that point you can't change the light bulb, then god bless you 'cause you need it :lol:)

NefCanuck
The Steeda SRI was my first upgrade and i love it! It will free up some engine RPM's ( The engine felt restricted above 5'000rpm) It is well worth the $300. Plus it almost sounds like you have a turbo when you hit 3'000rpm :D
that it does, i love the whistling sound it makes.