FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Trouble Shifting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey peeps,

I haven't been driving my car very much since I joind the military and now there seems to be a prob. Trouble shifting from gear to gear. I have a manual tranny and the problem has become worse over the past couple of months. It happens more when the car is cold and then slowly becomes alittle better but not alot. It's like I have to search for each gear before she goes in. Any ideas before she goes to ford? Thanks guys. Darryl
How many KMs? Maybe the gearbox oil needs to be changed?

I can't remember if the MTX75 is cable or rod-shifted, but it might need to be relubed if possible as well.
yea i agree take a look at the shift linkage it might have gotten corroded from sitting around too long. and changing the gear oil is not a bad idea either
Ok a few things..

1 Ive broken three of the plastic trusses that hold up the gear shift,

2. the linkage adjustments (white and black knobs on the cables) tend to turn to dust...

3. do you have an aem Cold air intake or similar? mine tended to get in the way of the linkage on the trany and once it warmed up something must have expanded B/C it would shift fine.

4. worn out bushings in the gear shift assembly... Mine are Jello...

5. adjust the linkage the cables ten to stretch