FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Goodyear Nordic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, its getting near that time again...winter tires.

Anyone have any opinion on the Goodyear Nordics? They are on special right now at CT, so might look at them. Would be nice to hear form those that have used them before.

Thanks.

BTW, here is a coupon for more money off the already discounted price!

CLICKY

S.
Never had them before, but have you ever considered

185/65/15 instead of 195/60/15's? there is only 1% diff in speed and they are $30.00 cheaper per set.

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculato...p?action=submit
mo_focus,Oct 19 2007, 05:45 PM Wrote:Never had them before, but have you ever considered

185/65/15 instead of 195/60/15's? there is only 1% diff in speed and they are $30.00 cheaper per set.

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculato...p?action=submit
[right][snapback]251395[/snapback][/right]

Now THERE is a thought! Nice idea. Speed is not something I'm worried about in winter anyways...who cares if it's a little off?

Mo, great idea for saving a few bucks, thanks.
if it has a snowflake on it should be fine. also, while i agree going with a 185/65 will save you money and probably give you better deep snow traction.. if you live in a place where snow is cleared fairly regularly maybe the 195/60 is better so it won't feel like such a penalty to have winter tires
Scorpion,Oct 19 2007, 05:21 PM Wrote:Well, its getting near that time again...winter tires.

Anyone have any opinion on the Goodyear Nordics? They are on special right now at CT, so might look at them. Would be nice to hear form those that have used them before.

Thanks.

CLICKY

S.
[right][snapback]251393[/snapback][/right]

The Goodyears are just the better priced version of the X-Ice tire Michelin has out.
I loved my Xice tires if your willing to put the cash on a set.
My wife has them on her car and they are great! Any true winter tire is good but I am amazed with these tires.
I bought 4 of the Nordics last spring for less than $300 taxes inc.
Canadian Tire had a wicked deal on them.
I'm getting them mounted within the next few weeks.
I'm sure they'll be just fine.
If you wait till arund Xmas you will find they come on sale at good prices.
Just food for thought.
my dad has a set on his fofo, they work great as far as i can see.
185s FTW... more PSI on your slightly smaller contact patch, more "punch down" through the snow. Ice is ice, though... so be warned.

With that said, this will be winter #2 on the stocker 205/50R16 Pirelli P6s for the ZX5. I gained a newfound appreciation for Pirelli last year.
^ I used my stock P6's also last winter since I bought the car in early December.
I never had a close call, but last winter in my area was kinda mild.
There were a few snow storms but nothing to write home about.
I have over 22K Km on them now, so winter tires will be much better for me this year.
Hopefully we get another mild winter. (sorry ski-dooers and skiers) ;)
Scorpion,Oct 19 2007, 05:21 PM Wrote:Well, its getting near that time again...winter tires.

Thanks.

CLICKY

S.
You could also go to 14 inch steel rims and 14 inch tires. Cheaper
oldeguy,Oct 24 2007, 07:13 AM Wrote:

Thanks.

CLICKY

S.
[right][snapback]251598[/snapback][/right]

I didn't think you could use 14" wheels on 05+ because of the increase in size of the brake disc diametre? :huh:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 24 2007, 12:20 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,Oct 24 2007, 07:13 AM Wrote:

Thanks.

CLICKY

S.
[right][snapback]251598[/snapback][/right]

I didn't think you could use 14" wheels on 05+ because of the increase in size of the brake disc diametre? :huh:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]251624[/snapback][/right]
Sorry, I don't know what "version' he's driving. I'd like to amend my comments...if I may. If you've got a Focus 1.0, try the 14 inch tires with steel rims, cheaper still