FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Now I'm Really Confused
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I went to the Ford Store to get a TPS because when I had the computer checked, it was telling me the TPS was pooched, as in TPs out of range. Today, after getting gas, the CEL light went out. But, I figured that since I had the part, and it's a two minute job, I'll replace the TPS. Go to put it on, and it doesn't fit.

Phone Ford, they tell me because my car is an automatic, they don't sell the TPS separate from the Throttle body. This will cost me $300.00

Do any of the aftermarket TB's come with the sensor and do they fit an automatic, and how much money am I looking at?
aftermarket tb's aka 65mm don't come with tps....u have to plug in your stock tps into them......65tbs are around $200

somebody is selling one on here i believe
Try a different dealer, you're getting bent over. Next thing you know they'll tell you it's physically impossible for you to swap the TBs yourself so you had better let them do it. :rolleyes:
Take off the old TPS bring it in and say "GIVE ME ONE OF THESE!"
hardk0re,Oct 19 2007, 07:25 AM Wrote:Take off the old TPS bring it in and say "GIVE ME ONE OF THESE!"
[right][snapback]251333[/snapback][/right]
I called them, Fraser Ford, gave them the part number of the TPS, and was told that the TPS for the 2000 Automatic Zetec is not sold separately from the TB. Maybe I should either
a)buy a newer Focus
B) call some of the aftermarket TB suppliers and see what they can do for me ( if I have to spend some money, why not get something better.)
c) Pay someone to teach me properly how to drive a standard. I tried when I was 16, didn't do too well, between trying to learn how to drive period and do it on a standard ( PINTO ). Now, I have a thing where I don't want to screw up someone's clutch, or look stupid out there on the roads. Plus I would need to find the time to do so.

The one really weird thing through this is, the CEL went away, by itself, and so far hasn't comeback and the car is driving better