FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mk2.5 Focus Rs News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Came across this article on leftlane news, no actual pictures, but I high lighted the interesting parts.

Quote:Spy photographers have spotted the Ford Focus RS while out testing. Although the Focus ST has been the range-topping model in Europe since 2005, the new RS will now occupy that spot. Powering the Focus RS is a Volvo-sourced 3.0L inline six that is reportedly putting out 300 horsepower.

The RS model is can be identified by its larger front air intakes, larger wheels and rear wing. The RS is also expected to use a Volvo-derived all-wheel drive system to put its power to the pavement.

The European Ford Focus RS is expected to make its debut at the 2008 Geneva Motor Show with sales following shortly after. Look for the Focus RS to go head-to-head with the Mitsubishi Evolution X and Subaru Impreza STI.

There is no word if the Focus RS will make it to the U.S.
old news

there is a very similar article with pictures
doubt it'll make it to north america, what with Ford's insistence to kill the platform here.
darkpuppet,Oct 17 2007, 04:37 PM Wrote:doubt it'll make it to north america, what with Ford's insistence to kill sport compact enthusiasm here.
[right][snapback]251184[/snapback][/right]

Corrected for truth, with added emphasis.

I COULD have bought a SVT Focus, but I wanted something newer and rear-drive. I wasn't buying a SVT just to throw away the drivetrain and do the Kugel swap.

I was also THIS close to a used 2005-06 GTI with a DSG. However, I feel I made the right choice.

Boourns to Mullaly - he'll create one giant rental car company out of Ford yet. They'll be profitable, but they'll have no personal customers under the age of 50 in 5 years at this rate. Watch Chrysler now that Cerberus owns them... this onslaught of "horsepower in everything but the minivan" is a final hurrah for Chrysler.

Mark my words. The only ones left doing high-performance will be the Japanese, the Germans and maybe GM.

Porsche is already fighting the new emissions laws overseas because they favour a lot of companies that make cars which have no performance potential. Porsche is calling it an automobile "'war".

Sorry, kinda got off on a tangent there.
rs & st to North America......

not a chance disapointing really!!
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 17 2007, 04:55 PM Wrote:Sorry, kinda got off on a tangent there.
[right][snapback]251190[/snapback][/right]
We usually call that a rant. You haven't been reading up on Twinforce, have you?
rather than trying to change the perception of most ppl in north america that "small ford cars suck" it is using its mazda and volvo brands to sell small cars with badges that people are much more willing to spend $$ for

mazdaspeed3 seems like it was on par with the orig focus RS from a performance standpoint

volvo T5 AWD sedan and wagon are nice semi luxo family cruisers

its not that ford isn't bringing its tech over to north america, its just not calling it 'ford'

it makes sense to differentiate its brands that way....

seriously guys i dont think this is a big deal.. if you want the latest gen turbo focus just get a mazdaspeed3
naz,Oct 18 2007, 04:48 PM Wrote:seriously guys i dont think this is a big deal.. if you want the latest gen turbo focus just get a mazdaspeed3
[right][snapback]251293[/snapback][/right]

I've been saying that for years now.. and now that we have the '08 "redesign", there's even added incentive to get the 'speed3
Or something completely different ;)

Actually... if I had to replace the Focus tomorrow... I likely would get either a MS3 or a WRX STi.
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 18 2007, 10:15 PM Wrote:Or something completely different ;)

Actually... if I had to replace the Focus tomorrow... I likely would get either a MS3 or a WRX STi.
[right][snapback]251304[/snapback][/right]

out of curiosity why didn't you get either of those instead of the RX8?
MS3 - I didn't want to pay full sticker for a summer toy and I didn't want to relegate our only wheels to manual shift. Sara still needs to relearn stick. It's nice but I don't feel like taking the depreciation hit twice in one year :P

STi - I thought long and hard about waiting, but after driving the RX-8 (and having been shotgun in a nicely done-up 06 STi several times)... I didn't care about the extra speed. I wanted the feel of the rotary, the sound and the knife-like experience of the RX-8. It really is the definition of the metaphor "asphalt scalpel".

I don't regret it. I grin like a retard each time I start it and it's bone stock. It moves in all the right ways, especially at speed. I have to make a mental effort to slow down to "reasonable" speeds when exiting the highways because I can take an offramp at lots higher than I normally would, and without body roll or tire squeal. It's a true sports car, not excelling at one facet to the neglect of any others. :D
word the rx8 with its shorter travel suspension and less body roll is a lot more confidence building than the impreza