FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Spotted: Black 2008 Focus Ses Sedan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I saw that the local Ford dealer in Pembroke has a black 2008 SES sedan out on display in the lot as I was passing by (on my way to buy 2x copies of the double disc special ed version of Transformers on my lunch break). My GF likes the looks and features of them, so I figure that perhaps I will take it out with her this weekend, if I don't do so myself this week.

I'll leave a synopsis of the car and the driving experience on here if I do go check it out. I can say that in Pitchblack with the Euro Rims on it, it looks better than an ION, and better by far than an Echo (which my gf's mom has) from about 20 paces...

Stay Tuned...
I drove a 2008 focus sedan yesterday and was disapointed. In the looks department it is ok but performance wise it lacked. From a dead stop in the pouring rain it wouldnt even spin the tires. I know it has the "fly by wire" Throtle body so this could assist in the no acceleration but im sure the previous gen autotrans models could at least spin a little. My cousin has an echo and performance wise it reminded me of it. Handling felt like a stock focus suspension, but without some power to pull out of a corner what good is it. I am glad to still be riding in my 2005, dont think i would buy a 2008 unless the mtx one is a little better . Just have to wait till we get one in. Has anyone driven a manual trans one???? The led lights, sync and the sat radio arenice options and the new interior is very un focus like but nice.
I drove one yesterday with a 5 speed at work with 114kms on it. it was basic.... very basic.. couldn't really test it out right but the shifts were nice and smooth, and the lighting was really good both on the dash and exterior of the car.
I'm going to buy me a used focus instead, maybe a SVT ZX5
euro,Oct 26 2007, 11:16 PM Wrote:I'm going to buy me a used focus instead, maybe a SVT ZX5
[right][snapback]251820[/snapback][/right]

good luck with finding one that has not had the piss driven out of it.
Frost__2001,Oct 27 2007, 12:58 PM Wrote:
euro,Oct 26 2007, 11:16 PM Wrote:I'm going to buy me a used focus instead, maybe a SVT ZX5
[right][snapback]251820[/snapback][/right]

good luck with finding one that has not had the piss driven out of it.
[right][snapback]251849[/snapback][/right]

Markham Ford has one with 61k on it....maybe gone now.....i test drove it.....very clean car and drove nice

also there's one in Barrie Ford with MACH1 hid's