FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Insurance - Classic Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well I got the Mustang, and I need to insure it for the winter while it's parked covered and garaged. Anyone know any good cheep insurance companys for doing just that? I called RBC (my insurance) and they said they don't do classics much, and as the car was aprasied at over $30k they don't want to touch it at the moment.
Frost__2001,Oct 15 2007, 10:25 AM Wrote:well I got the Mustang, and I need to insure it for the winter while it's parked covered and garaged.  Anyone know any good cheep insurance companys for doing just that? I called RBC (my insurance) and they said they don't do classics much, and as the car was aprasied at over $30k they don't want to touch it at the moment.
[right][snapback]251007[/snapback][/right]
Since when is a Mustang a classic. I must be getting old :lol: Congratulations on the "new" addition. Try Johnson's Insurance.
Talked to my agent at Co-Operators about storing my focus, costs about 50 bucks a year to put fire and theft on it while it is off the road.
oldeguy,Oct 15 2007, 10:42 AM Wrote:Since when is a Mustang a classic. I must be getting old :lol:  Congratulations on the "new" addition. Try Johnson's Insurance.
[right][snapback]251008[/snapback][/right]

when it's 25+ years or older. And for those that don't know what I'm talking about or are curious here are the pics (again).

[Image: DadsMine.jpg]
[Image: 100_0133.jpg]
[Image: 100_0136.jpg]
[Image: 100_0135.jpg]
[Image: EngineAfter.jpg]
[Image: 100_0138.jpg]
[Image: 100_0012.jpg]

1966 Ford Mustang Coupe
289 Engine with Automatic
Blue On Blue with Blue Ghost Racing Stripes
California Apearance Package
restored in 1998
Currently 28,950 Miles on it.
Car Comes From Kelona B.C.
My statement was more of comment on the passing of time....... <_< much like the music I like, it's now Classic Rock
I've always liked Mustangs, except for the one in the 70's when Ford made the Mustang smaller.
Nice car, treat it nicely.
Call Lant Insurance brokers and get the Silver Wheels plan.

http://www.lant-ins.ca/

My dad has had his Mustang insured with them since he bought it in 1993. There are some restrictions on it, but good coverage and cheap too!

Ryan
Robert C. Davis Insurance Brokers in Waterdown...

Check them out
reldridge,Oct 16 2007, 12:39 PM Wrote:Call Lant Insurance brokers and get the Silver Wheels plan.

http://www.lant-ins.ca/

Yep, all my buds with 'classics' go through lant or ING.
Belair is pretty ridiculous, they won't insure anything over 19 years old, that's 1988!

i got my '85 GT with lant (elite) but i have restrictions, only pleasure driving, and i pay about $500 for the year.
svt_rodg,Nov 8 2007, 06:09 PM Wrote:i got my '85 GT with lant
Ah, the last year of carburation and no third brake light. Cool!
CanadaSVT,Nov 8 2007, 06:30 PM Wrote:
svt_rodg,Nov 8 2007, 06:09 PM Wrote:i got my '85 GT with lant
Ah, the last year of carburation and no third brake light. Cool!
[right][snapback]252466[/snapback][/right]

you forgot the first year of the roller cam