FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Duty On Parts From The Us
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know what the duties are for parts imported from the USA?

Parts I'm looking at are around $800.00.
And I didn't get a phone call becaaaaaaaaause? :P

No real duty (depending on country of origin), but I paid 92 bucks in GST on about 600USD in parts from FS (my CAI and XCAL2). Stupid GST on stuff not even sold in Canada. I think I paid a whole 52 cents in duty. Or maybe there was a brokerage fee in there. Dunno. All I remember was the total I paid at the door was 93 bucks and change. Then I got mad and threw out the receipt. :P

Damn I hate the government some days. :angry:
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 14 2007, 11:30 AM Wrote:And I didn't get a phone call becaaaaaaaaause? :P
[right][snapback]250960[/snapback][/right]

I didn't want to separate you from your new toy. :P

I've got a message into the vendor to see if everything will fit properly. If some of the stuff doesn't fit, MBRP will get a call on Monday.
If the product is made in North America or Mexico........no duty.
If it's made outside of NA, typically 5% duty depending on the item.
It's the brokerage charges that kill you.
Try to have the part shipped USPS and the brokerage will be included in the shipping price. Then you just have to pay the taxes.
meford4u,Oct 14 2007, 06:06 PM Wrote:Try to have the part shipped USPS and the brokerage will be included in the shipping price.  Then you just have to pay the taxes.
[right][snapback]250980[/snapback][/right]

I was actually thinking about using Fedex. But if USPS is good, I might as well go with them.
USPS is slow, but you wont have any surprises.
Oscar The Grouch,Oct 14 2007, 07:52 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Oct 14 2007, 06:06 PM Wrote:Try to have the part shipped USPS and the brokerage will be included in the shipping price.  Then you just have to pay the taxes.
[right][snapback]250980[/snapback][/right]

I was actually thinking about using Fedex. But if USPS is good, I might as well go with them.
[right][snapback]250981[/snapback][/right]

That's United States Postal Service, NOT UPS.....just to clarify.

USPS will be much cheaper, even though it will take longer time. UPS, FEDEX, DHL...as stated, nasty surprises in brokerage fees.
Flofocus,Oct 15 2007, 12:02 PM Wrote:USPS is slow, but you wont have any surprises.
[right][snapback]251016[/snapback][/right]
I would say "can be slow". Most of the, the stuff I get from the states shows up pretty quick. But, the odd package does take a while (4+ weeks). So, if you're in a hurry, then USPS may not be the best bet.