FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Looked At 08 Ses Today ,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Went to dealer to make appointment for oil change and there were a couple 08's in a se and a ses , took a look into the ses and its enough to make me fall in love no matter how ugly the outside is. Rpm gauge font with Focus written in it is amazing only thing I noticed is isn't the passenger dash where it says focus suppose to be silver or was that an St ? both the se and ses were nice but the ses interior blew me away enough that I think I may actually buy . Exterior well we all know how that looks in person don't really help that either.
Check the prices at Ford.ca. Start thinking of mods for it. Start with a redesign of the front end :lol:
well there is the option of down grading the front of the 2008 to a 2000 or 2005, version as ford didn't change the body style much, other then in the rear.
it looked ok kind of reminds me on an ion for some reason , interior is sex its so amazing lol
I got to drive an SES coupe and SES sedan the other day. The coupe is pretty cool actually and we had a course to drive them around, like autocross, the car handles pretty well and is responsive but I would like to drive a manual one (only had autos). I feel it has a lot of the characteristics of the previous years, probably because they are so similar lol. I am not to keen on the interior compared to my focus (03), but I do like the intsrument cluster. And the SYNC feature is really interesting.

It'll be interesting to see if they come out with an appearance package for it that makes it look better because im still not sold on the exterior. Although it looks better in person than in pictures.

you must be on drugs............lambos and prancing horses have sexy interiors.

The 2008 looks exactly like someone mentioned above.....an ION.
I have to admit that I like the new interior of the 08 Focus, I still find the outside to be dull.
i looked at the car the other day......and found nothing sexy about it.......not even that "sexy" interior that some of you are talking...........its a grandma's car

i think im gonna try some photo shop see how it can look better
nik did you see the ses coupe ? the se was granny but not the ses
D-Dub,Oct 13 2007, 05: Wrote:you must be on drugs............lambos and prancing horses have sexy interiors.

The 2008 looks exactly like someone mentioned above.....an ION.
[right][snapback]250923[/snapback][/right]

Bingo.

The 08 is an absolute mess.

Inside and out.

horrible.
I love the dash on the ses interior , guess everyone got there own opinion
For the same price as the SES coupe or sedan you can get into a Subaru Imperza sport....Ya I would rather do that.
Not to mention.... heaven forbid you want to put a decent head-unit in the new cars.

look at the radio / cd set up.

how would you work around that???
yeah they are all going that way now just like the new civic guess its worth paying for the audiophile
I like the fact you can't change the head units in some cars now a days, because some of the newer radios people put into their cars look like crap, or better yet nothing is there because they took it all out when they are selling it.
personally no need in changing decks anyway other than adding subs or whatever sounds perfectly fine to me spend more money on GO ! lol
zx5power,Oct 15 2007, 10:24 AM Wrote:personally no need in changing decks anyway other than adding subs or whatever sounds perfectly fine to me spend more money on GO ! lol
[right][snapback]250998[/snapback][/right]

i used to agree completely however i spent time with a friend's car that has a pioneer headunit with touchscreen gps, xm radio, hd radio, dvd changer and HDD based MP3 player stuffed into the double din space in the WRX dash in place of the factory CD changer.... its nice to have the option of doing that.. and you can't if the audio is integrated in with the hvac etc
I agree with Naz, it's the same thing with my '08 Escape. It's pretty much 1 solid unit, which happens to be color-matched as well, so even if there was a possibility of changing head units, how in the world would I match up the colour of an aftermarket deck to the rest of the console. Or even if it's an "integrated' deck i.e chimes and what not run through it, I know some of my friends with some GM models have to hook up the factory deck in the trunk in order to retain some of the features (dummy chimes).
The only things stopping me from replacing my 07 headunit are time to find the right adapter to retain the secondary controls and cash :lol:

I really do feel sorry for the audiophile that buys one of the 08+ cars and then decides he wants to add a full custom system to it.
i read somewhere that a few decades ago car manuf used to make dashboards so that only their radios fit in there and it was considered antitrust and they were forced to stop the practice.. i wonder how long until someone complains this time around?

on a random note does a focus have THAT much sound proofing that a bling aftermarket audio system is needed? i know in my WRX a bling headunit is a waste of money since there is so little sound proofing you can't tell the difference between an ok and amazing system anyway

and random note #2.. anyone here heard the mark levinson systems that come in lexus these days? damn they are good. i think a lot has to do with the amount of soundproofing in lexus but i dont know enough about audio to prove it
Pages: 1 2