FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Now I M Officially With Ontario Plate.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yay~ :D
Make that Ontario Plate(s). Having only 1 will yeild you a ticket from the local popo.
Welcome to the club. LOL. Where are you going to put your front plate? Don't put it in the window, that will get you a ticket as well.
lol, yeah plural "S".
don't worry, i didn't put anything illegal on my car..
used same bracket to mount ontario plate.
[Image: IMG_3734.jpg]
Congrats. A lot of cost comes with that plate. Especially insurance.

So consider it the most expensive piece of tin you'll ever own. :lol:
OAC_Sparky,Oct 12 2007, 04:08 PM Wrote:Congrats. A lot of cost comes with that plate. Especially insurance.

So consider it the most expensive piece of tin you'll ever own. :lol:
[right][snapback]250861[/snapback][/right]

snicker Pfft, try a personalized plate if you want to talk about expensive pieces of tin :ph34r:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 12 2007, 11:38 PM Wrote:snicker Pfft, try a personalized plate if you want to talk about expensive pieces of tin :ph34r:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]250879[/snapback][/right]
You're preaching to the choir, my friend.
Focus man, Focus.,Oct 12 2007, 04:00 PM Wrote:Welcome to the club.  LOL.  Where are you going to put your front plate?  Don't put it in the window, that will get you a ticket as well.
[right][snapback]250853[/snapback][/right]

It is not Illegal to have a plate in the front window if the "DOT" approved front bumper does not come with a place to mount it.
The law states that you must have two plates on the vehicle in ontario and they both must be visable to the officer at all times....in the lower passanger side of the front windshield is in clear visavle sight for an officer that is driving by you.....
PIGEON1,Oct 13 2007, 03:22 AM Wrote:It is not Illegal to have a plate in the front window if the "DOT" approved front bumper does not come with a place to mount it. [right][snapback]250883[/snapback][/right]
Ahhhhh....but is the bumper DOT approved....? Many are not -- that's why stuff comes with the "for offroad use only" disclaimer.
in the states, s2000 is the one approved to not have front plate on bumper..
and owner have to carry some kind of document in his car..
correct me if i m wrong..
konafocuswrc,Oct 13 2007, 09:53 AM Wrote:in the states, s2000 is the one approved to not have front plate on bumper..
and owner have to carry some kind of document in his car..
correct me if i m wrong..
[right][snapback]250891[/snapback][/right]

here in Ontario it dose not matter if your front plate is in your windshield or not, as the police will still ticket you for it, as is the same as if your car did not come with the non DOT, or no plate bracket on the front of your car or not, you are required to have both plates on your car while in the province. This is out of the mouth of one the OPP that used to stop in my work all the time and ticket people as they left the Tim Horton's parkinglot everyday.

BTW congrats.