FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Gawd, This Girl At Tim Horton's Is An Idiot.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I get coffee every morning for the office. Been doing it for a couple of years now. Its nice, gets me out of the office, and I get paid for it. No biggy.

I go into the store today, place the order. $6.43. I give the girl a $20.

She gives me $6.43 in change.

I tell her that I gave her a 20, and I got the wrong change back.

She goes into her drawer, and gives me a $10.

Being the upstanding citizen that I am, I tell her, once again she gave me the wrong change. She says no, its not. I tell her I should have received $13.57 back, not $16.43.

Now she starts getting all huffy, and says its correct.

I look at the guy behind me in disbelief, and he is laughing, and told me to run with it. So I did. She can deal with her drawer being short a couple bucks when her shift is over.

Simple math, idiots. The register even tells you how much to give back.
Imagine if you'd given her 20 Canadian!
torradan,Oct 12 2007, 08:56 AM Wrote:I look at the guy behind me in disbelief, and he is laughing, and told me to run with it. So I did.  She can deal with her drawer being short a couple bucks when her shift is over.

Simple math, idiots.  The register even tells you how much to give back.
[right][snapback]250812[/snapback][/right]
Tim Horton's will give it's employees scholarships for Post Secondary education. I guess she didn't qualify
[Image: Midvale-thumb.gif]
torradan,Oct 12 2007, 09:13 AM Wrote:[Image: Midvale-thumb.gif]
[right][snapback]250817[/snapback][/right]

Yup, Gary Larson is always right.
Frightening how often I see this nowadays... but then again way back when I was doing the summer job thing at Canada's Wonderland (this would have been '86 or so) I couldn't keep track of the number of people working tills with me who couldn't give proper change if their life depended on it <_<

NefCanuck
Not to mention spelling and grammar from younger people these days. It seems like our free education is just being wasted on some people.

I may not be a rocket scientis and I didn't really give a damn in high school because most of it was useless for me, I knew I would never use most of it but at least I use the education I did receive to the best of my ability. Some of these people who can't even do simple math, with the aid of a calculator, there is no excuse for. What's worse is the lack of common sense people seem to have.
focusracer,Oct 12 2007, 11:50 AM Wrote:Not to mention spelling and grammar from younger people these days. It seems like our free education is just being wasted on some people.
[right][snapback]250838[/snapback][/right]

MSN messenger and text messages have ruined kid's abilities to communicate properly. Why write the words "you are" when you could write "u r" and look like a dumbass and have someone have to decipher what you really mean?

I don't know if Ontario is having the same unskilled labor shortage we have around here, but the hiring practices are ridiculously lax nowadays. Every single food place or retail store has a "now hiring" sign in the window, they're just happy to hire someone who can tie their own shoes.
Tie their own shoes? Look below the counter, its probably velcro.

Its the same down here in New York. Everywhere is hiring. If you have a pulse and don't drool on yourself (much), you can get a job at any fast food/retail store.
focusracer,Oct 12 2007, 01:50 PM Wrote:Not to mention spelling and grammar from younger people these days. It seems like our free education is just being wasted on some people.

I may not be a rocket scientis and I didn't really give a damn in high school because most of it was useless for me, I knew I would never use most of it but at least I use the education I did receive to the best of my ability. Some of these people who can't even do simple math, with the aid of a calculator, there is no excuse for. What's worse is the lack of common sense people seem to have.
[right][snapback]250838[/snapback][/right]
You got that right. Your no SCIENTIST.
^^rofl
probably slip on shoes instead.
oops. I was typing fast... really, I was. :D
indeed, spelling is not something I strive at, but math? it's ether right or wrong in that sense. What does skilled labor entail? It seems engeneers are a dime a dozen here in Windsor.
anyone dealing with money should be good at math.

that's why I'm an art director :D
oldeguy,Oct 12 2007, 09:10 AM Wrote:Tim Horton's will give it's employees scholarships for Post Secondary education. I guess she didn't qualify
[right][snapback]250816[/snapback][/right]

Tim Horton's will only give the Scholarships to their employees if they are already in school, and only 50 people quailfy per year, and it's only $1000. and it also only applys to Canada only.

After working for Tim Horton's for about 9 years, I can tell you some of the people that work there are more then clueless, in fact that would be a complement in some cases, But then again there are more stupid customers that go thru a Tim Horton's then one can imagine.
meford4u,Oct 12 2007, 03:01 PM Wrote:You got that right.  Your no SCIENTIST.
[right][snapback]250849[/snapback][/right]
should the "your" be, "you're" , short for, you are. hm?

well anyway funny story lol, one of my buddies told me that back in the day one only had to have a 3rd grade education to join the marines, then he gave me this saying, "yesterday, i didn't know how to spell marine, now i is one." LOL i got a real kick out of it.
I had to ask no less than 3 times for a double double today when we were ordering lunch in Sturgeon Falls. OK, wait... were were in Sturgeon Falls. Nevermind, mystery solved! :lol:

I mean f***:

What would you like to drink with that?

A double double.

What kind of coffee?

A double double.

Double cream?

No (and getting slightly agitated now), a DOUBLE DOUBLE.

... then I finally got my damn coffee. <_<
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 13 2007, 04:17 PM Wrote:I had to ask no less than 3 times for a double double today when we were ordering lunch in Sturgeon Falls. OK, wait... were were in Sturgeon Falls. Nevermind, mystery solved! :lol:

I mean f***:

What would you like to drink with that?

A double double.

What kind of coffee?

A double double.

Double cream?

No (and getting slightly agitated now), a DOUBLE DOUBLE.

... then I finally got my damn coffee. <_<
[right][snapback]250920[/snapback][/right]

one thing that movie "Waiting" tought me...."Don't ever fawk with people who take car of your food!" ;)
Another reason I drink Starbucks, beside the fact that it's good strong coffee, I take Soy milk because calcium derived from animal milks cannot be processed by my kidney and therefor causes kidney stones. Most T. Ho's don't have soy milk, so I've been told and the couple that I've asked for it at and received charge extra for it.

There've been a couple times when 'Bucks has been out of it and they've given me my coffee for free and a $5 gift card, my coffee costs $2. That's customer service.

Although I have seen some dumb people there too. One girl just couldn't get over the fact that I didn't want a

halfcafdoublesweetextrastrongmachiattolattewithashotofespressowithwhipontop

instead of my "Large Yukon with soy please."

She stared at me and then asked "Why not?" Whilst twirling her bleached blond hair on her finger.

"I like coffee."
Pages: 1 2