FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Microsoft Surface
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I pulled off a video from one of the servers in our InDesign class and it was an interview with Steve Jobs and Bill Gates together with some Q and A at the end. One of the things Gates talked about was a "surface computer" that he was going to launch, so I googled it and was blown away......

Microsoft Surface
What a weird idea... I love it!
yea,, I was going to build one.. I just don't have the time...will it work with my i-phone?
Isn't that what they use on CSI Miami?
ZED_not_zee,Oct 11 2007, 09:37 PM Wrote:yea,, I was going to build one.. I just don't have the time...will it work with my i-phone?
[right][snapback]250791[/snapback][/right]

did u get ur i-phone over the boarder?

saw some asian dude playing with one of those today......
NikiterZTS,Oct 11 2007, 11:42 PM Wrote:
ZED_not_zee,Oct 11 2007, 09:37 PM Wrote:yea,, I was going to build one.. I just don't have the time...will it work with my i-phone?

[right][snapback]250796[/snapback][/right]

iphone or the new ipod touch?
ZX5focused,Oct 11 2007, 11:18 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Oct 11 2007, 11:42 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]250796[/snapback][/right]

iphone or the new ipod touch?
[right][snapback]250800[/snapback][/right]
i-phone
i keep hearing people go over niagara falls boarder and get for $299
I want one....
Thats sweet looking. Ya i want one.
yeah... there's been a few other companies/applications of multitouch screens that have been out for some time (long before surface was annunced anyways)..

multi-touch bar

multi-touch table

Multi-touch presentation from last year
They have the Ibar at a new club in Toronto, also the tables in the VIP booths have the same technology.

I just think the demos on the Microsoft site are the best ones I've seen.
D-Dub,Oct 12 2007, 01: Wrote:They have the Ibar at a new club in Toronto, also the tables in the VIP booths have the same technology.

I just think the demos on the Microsoft site are the best ones I've seen.
[right][snapback]250841[/snapback][/right]

yeah.. they're definitely putting a lot of effort into bringing it to the masses.

Building one yourself could be difficult tho, considering that the multi-touch interface is dependent on a camera system to see what's touching the glass..
I wonder what the cost will be of each unit.......

I think the restaurant demo is amazing. You can get vivid images of anything thats on the menu OR chill in a coffee shop and load up the internet while you chat with your friend face to face, with no monitor blocking your view..........this has massive potential.
I can't wait to see who's gonna be the first to brek one lol