FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Liberals Take Majority
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
results article

looks like dalton will be around for 4 more years
Another 4 more years of crap.

The Liberals were the best idiots out of the bunch.

Believe me.... it was VERY difficult for me NOT to spoil my vote. It crossed my mind when I put pencil to paper. :(

Let's hope he keeps his holiday in February promice. :lol:
Oscar The Grouch,Oct 11 2007, 07:30 AM Wrote:Another 4 more years of crap.
[right][snapback]250665[/snapback][/right]
One man's crap is another man's manna from heaven. It depends on your outlook. Personally, they are all the same.
I was actually disappointed by the outcome of the referendum.... problem is that the guy that's good for my community isn't with the party I'd like to have in power...

I liked the possibility of being able to vote for the right guy for my 'hood and the right guy for the province -- but noooooooo....

not even sure why I bother to vote...
MMP is patronage... the guy they appoint has no accountability to you, the voter. He/she is only accountable to the party.

Sorry, but I like to be able to have a face-to-face with my dictators if I so choose. Plus, larger geographical areas for constituencies like the north are just a recipe for disaster.
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 11 2007, 09:59 AM Wrote:MMP is patronage... the guy they appoint has no accountability to you, the voter. He/she is only accountable to the party.

I think it would have been nice in that the guys going for premier would be more dependent on their constituents than me picking the person right for my neighbourhood and the premier getting a vote by association.

I really wasn't much a fan of having Dalton back in, but when my local Liberal MP comes by, shakes my hand, and contributes to my hood, while the PC candidate has her call center in Vancouver call me to remind me to vote -- how the hell could I vote otherwise?

So I have someone who's good for my neighbourhood, but the party in power that I don't agree with. There is often a significant difference between what is good for the neighbourhood versus what's good for the province.
If John Tory hadn't handed the Liberals that grenade of "faith school funding" (which the Liberals then expertly shoved down Tory's pants with the pin pulled) I think the results would have been far closer than they were.

The Liberals track record over the last four years is of broken promises, arrogance, denials, refusing to accept responsibility for messes that they created should have lost them the election. But with Tory having self destructed and Howard Hampton proving yet again that he cannot lead an effective campaign, we're stuck with another four years of this bovine excretement :ph34r:

As for MMP, it would have resulted in more politicians and less accountability, a receipe for disaster.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 11 2007, 09:14 AM Wrote:The Liberals track record over the last four years is of broken promises, arrogance, denials, refusing to accept responsibility for messes that they created should have lost them the election.  But with Tory having self destructed and Howard Hampton proving yet again that he cannot lead an effective campaign, we're stuck with another four years of this bovine excretement :ph34r:
[right][snapback]250689[/snapback][/right]

Well put, I wonder how long it's going to take McGuinty to break his 1st promise or give away the 1st million to a group that's loyal to his inner circle.

Laterz :)
ANTHONYD,Oct 11 2007, 08:34 AM Wrote:The Liberals were the best idiots out of the bunch.

Believe me.... it was VERY difficult for me NOT to spoil my vote. It crossed my mind when I put pencil to paper. :(

Let's hope he keeps his holiday in February promice. :lol:
[right][snapback]250669[/snapback][/right]
Just heard on the news, Dalton's started working on the February holiday. It'll be the 3rd weekend in February. "Family Day" If you have one, enjoy the day, if you don't...start workin' on one B)
It's always bovine hockey pucks, Daniel, but at least we're getting our hospital built here. I can't fault our MPP for doing something right for once.

The Tories just genuinely scare me how quick they flip-flop on stuff, and the NDP... let's just say the guy running here for the NDP was a major reason that the nursing home he works at is always in hot water. I don't know him personally, but they have more union-related issues than you can shake a stick at.
NefCanuck,Oct 11 2007, 10:14 AM Wrote:If John Tory hadn't handed the Liberals that grenade of "faith school funding" (which the Liberals then expertly shoved down Tory's pants with the pin pulled) I think the results would have been far closer than they were.

The Liberals track record over the last four years is of broken promises, arrogance, denials, refusing to accept responsibility for messes that they created should have lost them the election.  But with Tory having self destructed and Howard Hampton proving yet again that he cannot lead an effective campaign, we're stuck with another four years of this bovine excretement :ph34r:

As for MMP, it would have resulted in more politicians and less accountability, a receipe for disaster.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]250689[/snapback][/right]
Cheer up!!! At least we still have the Leafs!!!! Aw $%^&&^& now I'm depressed too :unsure:
well there were other partys running in the election you could have voted for other then the big 4, I know in the brampton/springdale riding there was two other partys on the ballot, including the Republican party of Ontario, and the Canadian Comunist party.

all in all though I liked and voted in favor of change on the referendum, what I didn't get was how 54% of people showed up to vote on that, and only 50% of people in the province actually voted.

but all I can say at this point is:

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos!
those who voted communist or republican are living in the wrong country IMO...
Next time I vote, I'm gonna write my name down and put an "X" beside it. Maybe I'll get a check for $1.25 obtaining a vote! Which will probably pay for the gas to get to the voting station.
darkpuppet,Oct 11 2007, 11:52 AM Wrote:those who voted communist or republican are living in the wrong country IMO...
[right][snapback]250713[/snapback][/right]

lol so true, I think they got under 100 votes, but still it's funny knowing that these partys exsist.
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 11 2007, 10:18 AM Wrote:The Tories just genuinely scare me how quick they flip-flop on stuff, and the NDP... let's just say the guy running here for the NDP was a major reason that the nursing home he works at is always in hot water. I don't know him personally, but they have more union-related issues than you can shake a stick at.
[right][snapback]250704[/snapback][/right]

Y'know the whole thing regarding "faith school funding" was so badly mishandled that I can't help but wonder if Tory had scribbled that on the back of a napkin just before the election and decided to run with it and screw his advisors over :huh:

Regarding the NDP, frankly I'm reminded of an old saying "The fish stinks from the head on down" Hampton was picked IMO after Rae just because he was Rae's polar opposite and the party was trying to get the stench off after they imploded with Rae at the helm running the province from 1990 - 1995.

Union related issues are always tricky things to comment on from the outside so I'll refrain, but having been part of a grievance myself years ago I learned that it takes two to tango :P

NefCanuck
Frost__2001,Oct 11 2007, 10:32 AM Wrote:well there were other partys running in the election you could have voted for other then the big 4, I know in the brampton/springdale riding there was two other partys on the ballot, including the Republican party of Ontario, and the Canadian Comunist party.

all in all though I liked and voted in favor of change on the referendum, what I didn't get was how 54% of people showed up to vote on that, and only 50% of people in the province actually voted.

but all I can say at this point is:

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos!
[right][snapback]250709[/snapback][/right]

The other parties had platforms that were so out there that it would have been the same result as a spoiled ballot. Which incidentally is likely the reason for the discrepancy, spoiled/refused ballots for provincial candidates (Or the fact that MMP was simply a yes/no question, less chance to spoil the ballot)

NefCanuck
At the end of they day, THEY ARE ALL BAD....

So, I just chose the lesser of evils, and that was with the big red L ;)

L8tz
Drivesthebeast,Oct 11 2007, 04:23 PM Wrote:and that was with the big red L ;)

L8tz
[right][snapback]250758[/snapback][/right]

L
amewads!
Pages: 1 2