FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Check Gas Cap Light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This mofo just randomly came on while i was on the highway and wont go away. I did what the idiot light said and checked the gas cap after I got off the highway, and...obviously, it was nice and tight. The light came on at about before the Kingsway exit on the Gardiner and i didnt get off the highway untill Ford Drive in Oakville. No check engine light came on, only check gas cap, i smell no gas, nor see any leakage. Anybody have any thoughts?
Replace the gas cap.
Focus man, Focus.,Jan 12 2010, 04:13 PM Wrote:Replace the gas cap.
[right][snapback]299420[/snapback][/right]

lol, i figured that, im just wondering if anybody else has had this issue and it wasent something gas cap related. on some of the other forums, guys have had craked tanks, filler hose, etc.
Try the cheap fix first then get paranoid if it doesn't work :P

NefCanuck
Ive got a gas cap in my for sale thread.
ZX3_2NV,Jan 13 2010, 12:42 PM Wrote:Ive got a gas cap in my for sale thread.
[right][snapback]299490[/snapback][/right]

Were's the nearest tims to your work so i can bring you your DD w/milk? lol
check engine light finally came on today while i was on my way to picking up the gas cap. Checked code at work, came up with "evap leak detected (fuel cap)", cleared it and has been off ever since. This weekend will be the true test to see if it was actually the cap lol
check engine light finally came on today while i was on my way to picking up the gas cap (4 days later lol). Checked code at work, came up with "evap leak detected (fuel cap)", cleared it and has been off ever since. This weekend will be the true test to see if it was actually the cap lol
SOOOO how did it go did my gas cap save the day.
ZX3_2NV,Jan 18 2010, 09:54 AM Wrote:SOOOO how did it go did my gas cap save the day.
[right][snapback]299726[/snapback][/right]

It saved the weekend lmao. Light came on again about 5 minutes after i got on the highway this morning for school, and again, no check engine light with it. Either this cap is done aswell, i have a FUBAR'ed solenoid or a clogged vent pipe. But i suppose the solenoid would trip a code.....meh, gonna hook up the compressed smoke machine up at work tuesday night XD
hmm dunno what it could be thats uber werid
ZX3_2NV,Jan 22 2010, 09:23 AM Wrote:hmm dunno what it could be thats uber werid
[right][snapback]300007[/snapback][/right]

LMAO the funny thing is i lifted it at work a few days ago and saw that the EVAP vent control solenoid popped out of the carbon canister and that was dripping the dash lights. I was all ready to hook up the smoke machine and BAM, right in my face i see this thing just chilling there lol. Needless to say I hooked it back up, scuffed the outer surface and put a dap of RTV around the outside of it so it doesnt decide to f*** right off again. BTW i also check both gas caps on the etest machine at my work......they both passed with flying colours XD