FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 08 Focus Makes Street Tuner Callenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well its official! The new 2008 Focus will be one of the cars in the new season of Street tuner challenge. The cars will consist of the 2008 Focus (built by Focus sport) A Mitsu Lancer and the Mini Cooper (built by fire ball racing). The show will air on October17th. This should prove to be a good watch. I think Skunk2 is building the Lancer but I could be wrong they are keeping a tight lid on it.
Ugh... we'll get to watch Randy and crew try to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear eh? :lol:
Thats pretty cool. Randy works some magic!
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 10 2007, 10:07 AM Wrote:Ugh... we'll get to watch Randy and crew try to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear eh? :lol:
[right][snapback]250570[/snapback][/right]
Think of it as a makeover :lol:
afterall, it's basically the same car as yours, except it needs a plastic surgeon, and a hatch
wow can't wait to see what its gonna look like...
saw the new 2008 Focus at Ford dealer yestarday....it defenetly does look like a true grandma car
My gf is entertaining the idea of going to look at 08 Foci this winter, as a possible first car for herself...she likes the look of the new ones, and NOT the 1st or 2nd gen ones...go figure

Knowing that they plan to do up an 08 on TV will be cool, so you can see what can be done with them...

L8tz
Well I think the 08 could look nice if it had a nice skirt package and a few different engine options. As it stands I think they look like a cheap rental car.
So this is what Randy is up to.
He's been talking about a big project on the Focal Jet forums.

Can't wait to see it.
Drivesthebeast,Oct 10 2007, 12:29 PM Wrote:My gf is entertaining the idea of going to look at 08 Foci this winter, as a possible first car for herself...she likes the look of the new ones, and NOT the 1st or 2nd gen ones...go figure

Knowing that they plan to do up an 08 on TV will be cool, so you can see what can be done with them...

L8tz
[right][snapback]250595[/snapback][/right]
Sometimes you have to wonder about who, or what women find attractive :lol:
it will be awesome if they can get an F2 front bumper on the coupe, and shoe horn a 2.3L in there. the interesting thing will be does anyone have suspension kits out for it? how much different is it then the 05+ suspension?
Canadian ST,Oct 10 2007, 01:46 PM Wrote:The cars will consist of the 2008 Focus (built by Focus sport) A Mitsu Lancer and the Mini Cooper (built by fire ball racing).
[right][snapback]250568[/snapback][/right]

why are they comparing a cooper and a focus to an EVO? that's the most unfair challenge ever

It'll still look like monkey splooge.
naz,Oct 10 2007, 03:12 PM Wrote:
Canadian ST,Oct 10 2007, 01:46 PM Wrote:The cars will consist of the 2008 Focus (built by Focus sport) A Mitsu Lancer and the Mini Cooper (built by fire ball racing).
[right][snapback]250568[/snapback][/right]

why are they comparing a cooper and a focus to an EVO? that's the most unfair challenge ever
[right][snapback]250609[/snapback][/right]

I don't think that they would put them up against an Evo, I thought it was the new lancer (Probably the GTS). :blink: AWD Turbo vs the 2.0 focus= no contest
there's no way it's an Evo... it's got to be a regular lancer. if the mini cooper is base model this should prove interesting...
ZED_not_zee,Oct 10 2007, 09:16 PM Wrote:there's no way it's an Evo...  it's got to be a regular lancer.  if the mini cooper is base model this should prove interesting...
[right][snapback]250616[/snapback][/right]

yea you have to be right.. i guess non turbo lancer + modification just doesn't compute for me so i didn't even think of that

naz,Oct 10 2007, 04:42 PM Wrote:
ZED_not_zee,Oct 10 2007, 09:16 PM Wrote:there's no way it's an Evo...  it's got to be a regular lancer.  if the mini cooper is base model this should prove interesting...
[right][snapback]250616[/snapback][/right]

yea you have to be right.. i guess non turbo lancer + modification just doesn't compute for me so i didn't even think of that
[right][snapback]250619[/snapback][/right]

hahahaha it doesn't compute for lots of us...

but mods can do wonders so we shal see... I'd hate to see the focus get beat on it's first real showing... the mini had the italian job.. the lancer has the... the... evo like apperance... dunno GO RANDY GO!
I know the mini will be the car to beet in the handleing, the non turbo lancer still has a little more power but I think there are heavier then focus so It should be a good show.
well the focus will get focussport boost, the mine will get more boost, its probly the new turbo one and hte lancer...who knows, probly some sort of boost
Canadian ST,Oct 10 2007, 05:07 PM Wrote:I know the mini will be the car to beet in the handleing,  the non turbo lancer still has a little more power but I think there are heavier then focus so It should be a good show.
[right][snapback]250624[/snapback][/right]

i test drove Ralliarts twice and loved it....drives and handeles very well.....i actully liked it better then any SVTF that i test drove

2.4L SOCH does a good job in that car
Well assumeing that they are using the 08 Lancer the base model lancer has a stiffer and better built chaassis then the Evo 9 so this should be a very interesting battle.
Pages: 1 2