FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Warning Light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What exactily does the Yellow Warning indicator that looks like a ! with the shape of a sun around it mean?

Mine stuck on this morning for some reason. Turned the car off and on and that was the last I seen of it.

All fluid levels are fine. Nothing leaks out of my card.
Coolant is new as of the start of the summer.
Battery post was a little bit loose but not enuf to hurt anything.

battery terminal is what it is..
if it is loose, you will see ! light on uneven road..
try to tight them down and drive around..
Mason,Oct 7 2007, 08:41 AM Wrote:What exactily does the Yellow Warning indicator that looks like a ! with the shape of a sun around it mean?

Mine stuck on this morning for some reason. Turned the car off and on and that was the last I seen of it.

All fluid levels are fine. Nothing leaks out of my card.
Coolant is new as of the start of the summer.
Battery post was a little bit loose but not enuf to hurt anything.
[right][snapback]250325[/snapback][/right]
According to the Owner's Manual, that light has something to do with your engine cooling, it is saying that your engine has overheated and the computer is putting your engine in to safe mode, so you can crawl home. But, if you aren't getting enough voltage, because your battery post is loose, you never know what the computer is reading. So, if it was me, I'd tighten up the battery, and keep an eye on the drivability of the car.
Yeah when my Alt. was dying my warning lights were coming on an going off like a set of twinkle christmas lights. It was one funky light show. Now that its fixed I haven't seen any lights. As for the light your asking about not sure. Check the coolant level just to be sure.
Well I tightened the Positive cable a little but nothing big.

Can cant have been over heated. It was first thing in the morning.
+ coolant system was flushed less then 6months ago.

It hasnt come back on so im not gonna worry about it
tighten negative side too..
konafocuswrc,Oct 7 2007, 07:31 PM Wrote:tighten negative side too..
[right][snapback]250348[/snapback][/right]
.... Cant imagin how I could have forgotten to do them both.... :P
I'm intrested to see how this pans out,,, I had the same issue at the Burlington bbq turns out it only happened when I nail second gear and a couple times going over rail road tracks... I took some timing out of my tune and it seems tamed... and the torque came back to my mid range like crazy so I'm thinking that had something to do with it... I'm going to add the timing back and flog it while data login tomorrow if it freaks out again it I'll post my graphs,