FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need To Start Saving Now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i have couple of questions in regards to getting a new car from Ford. It will be the new Focus so have couple of years to save money.

I like to find out from Ford employee's whats the discount that you can give to someone else and would i be able to use Costco 1000+grad Rebate 750$ plus Ford family plan or its either one or the other?

Hopefully if the New focus will be around the same price as the old focus, then i would need to save about 20$ within 2 yrs. :)
mo_focus,Jan 11 2010, 09:09 PM Wrote:I like to find out from Ford employee's whats the discount that you can give to someone else
X-Plan, this is not a set value (ie $1000) but rather a percentage over dealer invoice. What you would save buying a "loaded" car over a "base" car is more because the markup on optional equpment is more.

X-Plan+Costco 1000 (if it's still available)+grad Rebate 750$(if you qualify and if it's still available which I don't think it is I can check)=Yes

Ford family plan is the equivalent of employee A-Plan price -- which will save a little over X-Plan BUT is ofen NOT combinable with other incentives. Unlike actual A-Plan, which is. And this is even if they still offer the program.**(see below)

Quote:Hopefully if the New focus will be around the same price as the old focus, then i would need to save about 20$ within 2 yrs.  :)
Not a chance. If you're looking at the price of today's Focus, you'll be shopping a Fiesta**(See Below). I would expect the base price to be $20G (think Focus S), not including taxes, shipping or anything else...

**Ford is slowly getting out of the business of giving away vehicles.

Not trying to dissuade you, only trying to give you a realistic expectation.
Right now on a base Focus we save on A plan(if there are no other incentives) about $850. That's it.

On a new truck I saved $21000.

Yes I said TWENTY ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS.

Yeah me.
Ok thanks, i guess i have to see what it goes for when it cames out. I guess Fiesta is the old focus, (price wise) and not usre if the size will fit my needs anymore. We paid 32$ for a loaded Golf TDI, i"m sure the Focus will not be as much as that. But not as cheap as the orginal focus was either :)

Ohh well, I think i like the x-plan over A.
moe, give me a shout when your ready to buy. Not only can my dad give u x-plan, he also has great dealer recommendations for you.
meford4u,Jan 12 2010, 08:42 PM Wrote:Right now on a base Focus we save on A plan(if there are no other incentives) about $850.  That's it.

Yeah me.
[right][snapback]299439[/snapback][/right]

what kind of savings can you get on a GT500? my lease comes up in sept. :D
From my talking to the guys at Dixie Ford, by the time you hit the high end Mustangs, not that much :(

NefCanuck
Don't know off hand Steve, but I can get you a pin number when the time come closer and you can find out for yourself. It's usually around 9-13% for A plan and 5-7% for X plan. Your a friends and family or X plan buddy.
There is no set rule of thumb for savings. Trucks always save more because there are alot of profit in the sale of the truck. And the more stuff you add, the bigger the discount.
On a $35k Mustang I would guess $5k off then whatever Ford is discounting the car at the time plus for you as a returning customer another $1000 off and as a Costco member another $1000 off and if you have a pink poodle another $500 off.

dyeing my poodle pink as we speak..... thanks man.. will definitely get in touch closer to the time (or hopefully before then...)
darkpuppet,Jan 14 2010, 01:52 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Jan 12 2010, 08:42 PM Wrote:Right now on a base Focus we save on A plan(if there are no other incentives) about $850.  That's it.

Yeah me.
[right][snapback]299439[/snapback][/right]

what kind of savings can you get on a GT500? my lease comes up in sept. :D
[right][snapback]299592[/snapback][/right]

Hmm that means I'll be getting your car at my work shortly after you have to send it back to ford then lol
darkpuppet,Jan 14 2010, 08:45 PM Wrote:dyeing my poodle pink as we speak.....  thanks man.. will definitely get in touch closer to the time (or hopefully before then...)
[right][snapback]299609[/snapback][/right]

:blink: egads, the things some people will do to save money :lol:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jan 15 2010, 03:30 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Jan 14 2010, 08:45 PM Wrote:dyeing my poodle pink as we speak.....  thanks man.. will definitely get in touch closer to the time (or hopefully before then...)
[right][snapback]299609[/snapback][/right]

:blink: egads, the things some people will do to save money :lol:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]299645[/snapback][/right]
Mmmmm ... didn't think puppet had a pet ... must be some sort of euphemism for a part of his anatomy.