FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Duh Of The Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so I go into the local Drivers License office today to renew my Disabled Parking permit (Now called the more PC "Accessible Parking Permit" :rolleyes: )

I have my form and come up to the counter. The lady takes it, notes it as a renewal and says to me "I'll need your current permit before I can give you this temporary one while your application is processed"

Can anyone see what the "Duh" is? Answer below:

The "Duh" is because I'm using the disabled parking permit I currently HAVE to park in a disabled parking space while I'm GETTING my permit renewed!

After I explain that, you could almost see the lightbulb flicker to life in the clerk's head :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: so I end up taking the temp permit to the car and swapping it out for the permit I'm returning...

Good grief I think their hiring criteria is: "Are you breathing?" :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

NefCanuck
wow
lol.........
Just plain WOW.

Sounds like your hiring criteria is the same as what our DMV uses.
Government workers..................
That's just too typical of the state of a lot of folks these days.

Should have said, "Hold on, let me remove my disability for a second so I don't need it. Wait, can I do that?"
oldeguy,Oct 5 2007, 06:20 AM Wrote:Government workers..................
[right][snapback]250234[/snapback][/right]

Urm... technically I are a government worker too :P

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Oct 5 2007, 12:05 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,Oct 5 2007, 06:20 AM Wrote:Government workers..................
[right][snapback]250234[/snapback][/right]

Urm... technically I are a government worker too :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]250248[/snapback][/right]
Me also
Not trying to cut anyone on this site down but...

What time of day were you doing this? Mid day to end of day? She's probably seen a few hundred people by that point, most of whom she'd probably like to strangle because she can't understand what the hell they're saying because of language barriers, "Ok, Rupidonramalamadingdong, you can't speak or read f***in english that the road signs and directions etc. are in but hey no problem you can have a license. Where's your translator to help you through the test?"

She just knows that this is one hundredth and whatever person she's had to deal with today and knows that in order to renew your permit she needs to have possession of the old one. She doesn't know if you are using it at the moment or if someone drove you there and is receiving a parking ticket for being double parked in front of the building.

So instead of cutting the chick down, give her a little slack. Sure she might sit at a desk all day and not put any physical effort into her job but just think to yourself, "How long would I last doing that job before I'd strangle someone."

pfft, this was an amusing story, people make mistakes and people exploit those mistakes in humor all time. We ALL find these exploits funny.